eighteen

eighteen

It was the mid April, every day was ticking closer to graduation and it freaked Michael out.

He rolled off of Luke, sweat lining his collarbones and chest. Michael rolled onto his back, looking to his left at his panting boyfriend. “You’re so pretty,” he sighed. 

Luke let out a chuckle, looking at Michael. He scooted his body to the younger boy’s side, wrapping his arm around Mike’s stomach. “What’s this tattoo?” He traced the words i cant come up with any deep thoughts, i miss wanting to wake up

“One of the first stick and pokes I got,” he responded. Michael moved his arm so Luke could rest on his upper arm. He rested his hands ghosting over Luke’s back. 

“What about this one?” He poked at i am not a waste of space with small stars surrounding it. It was a messy, all caps handwriting going down his side. 

“I grew up telling myself that I was a waste, and it took me too many years to realize that I’m not,” Michael recited. His parents have asked him the same questions, they hate his tattoos. They’re just glad he can cover them up. 

“Are you still sad?”

Michael looked up at the ceiling, there were those glow-in-the-dark stars that usually five year olds use. Mike always told people it was the owners before them, but that’s a lie. It was Michael. “No, I’m happy with my life. I’m excited for the future. I’m glad to be alive.”

Luke lingered his lips around Michael’s chest, “I’m glad you’re alive, too.”

Michael felt like he was about to cry and he didn’t know why. He felt so important, so loved, so cared for. “I should probably get going soon before Cal gets worried.”

“I think Ashton spent the night with him again, he never came home.” Luke kicked the sheets off of him, stepping over the edge of his bed and heading to his closet. 

Michael let out a silent laugh at his pale bottom, there was just something so funny about Luke’s pale body that Mike couldn’t figure out. “Calum says they’re just friends with benefits, but I think he’s in love with Ash.”

“Ashton won’t even admit that. He is still telling me he’s straight as a ruler.” Luke responded as he pulled on a pair of sweatpants. He was sore and wasn’t willing to even try to squeeze skinny jeans on his legs. 

“You know those bendy rulers? You should get him one of those and next time he says that, just throw it at him.” Michael was still naked in bed, a hand resting over his lower chest. 

Luke laughed, “I am not throwing a ruler at my roommate.”

Michael got out of bed, sliding on his jeans and sweatshirt without a care in the world. He cracked his neck and knuckles. “I don’t know, I think it’d be really funny.”

Luke gave him a kiss on the cheek, “Leave. Text me if Ash is there.”

Mike was leaving the room, hopping down the stairs. “If they’re doing it on my couch, can I come back and do you?” He called from the foyer-type area. 

Michael sat on the ground, tying his shoes. 

“You’ve been inside of me four times in the last twelve hours, no,” Luke called from the bathroom upstairs. He liked being comfortable with Michael. 

“Fine. I’m leaving now. I’ll probably see you in a few.”

“Bye, Baby.”

Michael got in Calum’s car, which smelled of fast food and ink. He looked in the backseat—making sure there were no bad guys—finding only a tripod, monopod, and lots of other gear he should not be leaving in the car. 

Mike pulled out, making his way back to his place. He hasn’t slept in his own bed in a while, and for some reason, that doesn’t bother him. Maybe Michael falls too fast, but in his mind, he’s been in love with the blonde boy for years. Things were starting to actually work out now. 

The sun was high in the sky, beaming down rays of sunshine. He fumbled around in the pockets of the car, trying not to crash as he found a pair of sunglasses. He looked down at his lap where the case of sunglasses lay. He started to fumble with them, taking them out to reveal John Lennon circular glasses. “Oh f.ucking hell, Calum,” he said. Michael couldn’t believe his best friend somethings. 

He did, though ended up placing the circular shades over his eyes and got home safely. Mike turned off the car and jumped out. He was trying to make as little noise as possible incase Calum and Ashton were actually in the house doing things their mothers wouldn’t want to know. 

Michael just wanted an excuse to go back to Luke. 

He quietly opened the door, not even the hinges making a creaking sound. Mike’s eyes caught sight of Ashton’s large shoes. He pulled out his phone, the door still half open, and took a photo for Luke. 

To/ Lukey

look who’s hereeee

He peaked his head around the corner, hearing the legendary smacking of lips and shuffling of clothes. Mike made the long way around to get a better view of the two. Calum was underneath Ashton, the brunette had Cal’s hands pinned above his head as his lower hips thrusted on top of the younger boy’s clothed crotch. 

Michael held in his chuckle as he made his way to the front door. “Tell me when you’re done!” Mike called as he slammed the door behind him. 

He made his way back to the car, getting inside and turning the key. He turned on the air conditioning, not willing to even try with the windows down. 

From/ Lukey

i’ll be ready when you get here

Michael smiled at the text as he stopped at a light. He’s fallen so deeply in love with the taler blonde boy, he doesn’t know what to do. They’ve barely been dating, it’s not the right time to admit his dire affection. 

Luke thinks they’re going to break up soon, he’s a negative thinker, he sees the cup of glass all the way empty. He knows he’s going one place, Michael is going another, and it won’t work out. 

Mike prays he’s wrong. 

He pulls into the driveway for the second time that day.

(a/n) filler