Chapter 5

(An: Real quick im gonna say this right now, im gonna be skipping over some parts such as naruko interacting with Inari and the small training competition with her and Satsuki. Y/n wont really have an effect on any of that and id rather not just type the exact stuff that happened in the anime since it doesn't change anything. Sorry if you like things like that but it seems super repetitive to me and i see no reason to put it here)

After resting for the night Y/n was told about the current training everyone was doing. Apparently they had to climb a tree without using their hands, instead having to use chakra focused on the souls of their feet. Sakura had a lead over the others but with Y/n joining them things may start to change. Kakashi also told them about his theory about zabuza still being alive.

Y/n easily picked up the tree climbing thanks to getting a demonstration from kakashi and getting some advice from sakura. However he would also be doing some other training as well, currently it was night and he would be a good distance away from the usual training spot. Stiing down he closed his eyes thinking back to the fight with zabuza mainly about his movements and the way he fought. He would only be interrupted when he herd a voice call his name.

???: "Doing a bit of late night training Y/n?"

Opening his eyes and seeing the source he smiled seeing it was kakashi leaning against a tree with his crutches. Letting out a sigh he broke his concentration to speak to the copy ninja. 

Y/n: "Kakashi sensei what are you doing here, its pretty late"

Kakashi: "I could say the same to you"

Y/n paused knowing he cant really make anything up or even really explain why he snuck away in order to do this.

Y/n: "Well.... I was training in a way" he then laid back on the grass "When watching Zabuza fight i could tell how outmatched we were, is movements and fighting screamed that of a veteran ninja. When we fought him though i had no problem fallowing him. Its like as if i saw nothing but him and his movements, like i was analyzing him as a person. I do the same when i see a new jutsu, its an unconscious habit"

Kakashi: (Y/n you have no idea how right you are) "Those skills are good for a ninja, to see though your opponent and find ways to counter him"

Y/n: "Yeah but there was something else...."

Kakashi: "Hm?"

Y/n: "When watching you use your sharingan my left eye felt like it was burning, i ignored it but something kept telling me to focus on that burning feeling" he then sat up having a serious expression "I wanna ask a favor of you"

Kakashi: "......What is it?"

A few days later

Everyone has been training with the tree climbing, due to Sakura picking it up faster then the others she stopped after a few days. Satsuki and Naruko however had a bit more difficulty and even had a small rivalry of who could go the furthest and fastest. Y/n wasn't far behind them although with his injury progress was slow. It was currently night and Y/n was watching naruko continue her training until she passed out mid way up a tree. 

Y/n: Rushing to her he managed to catch her before she hit the ground "I get wanting to get stringer but know your limits" he sighed laying her head on his lap and sitting against a tree (My back still hurts a bit but its not as bad as before, Zabuza is strong but can we really beat him and that other ninja) he lets out a sigh (Kinda wish i didn't pass out i could have gotten some useful moves or jutsu from him)

It was then he herd naruko mumble something while being asleep

Naruko: "Y/n... i wont let you get hurt again...." she mumbled out bringing a small smile to the boys face