XXXIV. I Need Your Help

Chapter 34,
   I Need Your Help
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I feel like a failure, what the fuck was I even thinking? Pushing everyone away, so if they left it wouldn't hurt as much. "

     I didn't care how late it was, we didn't class tomorrow and I needed someone to tell me that I didn't screw it all up, but I couldn't even go to my dorm or Harmony's for help

     I didn't care how late it was, we didn't class tomorrow and I needed someone to tell me that I didn't screw it all up, but I couldn't even go to my dorm or Harmony's for help. I felt embarrassed, that's becoming one of my main feelings this year. I didn't know who I was supposed to go to, as much as I wanted to talk to my best friends, I knew they would just try to talk some sense into me.
  I didn't want sense, I didn't want someone to tell me that I was being selfish. I wanted to be help as I cried about my feelings, I needed someone to understand me.

  I walked up the stairs and marched down the hall, I knew which dorm the person I was looking for was in. As I stood in front of the door, I felt as if this was a make or break situation. I knocked on the door gently, and waited for a response.

  "Mara? What are you-"

  Charlie stopped mid sentence when he noticed my face, I felt like I was going to crumble to pieces if he were to ask me if I was okay, but he didn't. Instead he opened the door and allowed me to walk in, after shutting the door, I was pulled into a bear hug.
  He was like a brother to me, a brother that I never had and always wanted. Averman was sitting on his bed, talking to Goldberg before they noticed me. I forgot Charlie shares a room with three other people.

  Adam was knocked out on his bed, listening to his walkman.

  "Did something happen, did Rick happen? I swear to go I'm going to fucking,"

  "No, Rick didn't do anything. I did, I messed everything up Charlie." I interrupted as the tears finally fell from eyes, they were warm, as if they've been waiting to fall for a long time.

  I sobbed into his chest as he held onto me tightly, it felt weird, crying in front of Charlie and his friends, but also normal. He grabbed my hand and sat me down on his bed, before throwing a pillow at Adam to wake up.

  "Do you mind telling us what happened or do you just want to speak to me?" Charlie asked intently, I wiped my own tears and thought about it for a moment.

"I told Guy that I couldn't do it, that I couldn't fall in love with him because I was scared of getting hurt." I hesitated as Adam grabbed a wet wipe from the bathroom, and began to wipe away my tears.

  They didn't look at me weird, made fun of me or curse at me for not dating their friend and push him away. Instead, they nodded their head slowly and looked at one another, trying to find the right words to comfort me.

  "Guy's an understanding person, I'm sure he understands why you feel this way. There's nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed about." Adam spoke up, clearly seeing that his friends were still lost.

  I only felt even worse, knowing that I didn't stay to give him a clear explanation. I had my reasons to why I didn't want to fall in love, why I didn't want to pour my heart and soul into someone. I just fear that everyone will think it isn't good enough.

" I feel like a failure, what the fuck was I even thinking? Pushing everyone away, so if they left it wouldn't hurt as much. " I whispered, if I were to speak a normal tone then my voice would surely crack, and wobble.

  I was already talking in a shaky tone, that I couldn't risk a voice crack.

  "You aren't a failure Amara, trust me. I know what you're going through, I've gone through it. If you let me help you, I will and can." Charlie offered as he looked at me, everyone was silent.

  Averman didn't dare make a joke in the situation, fearing that he might get hit or kicked out of the room. Right now, I need the mood to be lightened and a joke would have worked. I didn't know how to feel about the offer that Charlie made.
  If I wanted to survive the rest of the school year, and make it up to Guy, I was going to need help. If I wanted to end up with Guy, I was going to need help.

  "I need your help, I want to fix everything."