XIII. You're Awfully Quiet

Chapter 13,
     You're Awfully Quiet
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I noticed how quiet you are, even though you look like you've got a lot to say, you stay silent. Have you ever noticed that? "

    "He seems like a gentleman, I definitely think you should go for it

    "He seems like a gentleman, I definitely think you should go for it." Harmony spoke as we walked to our table, Amara decided that she'd go for some school lunch since it looks appealing.

  She shrugged her shoulders before shaking her head, it didn't matter if Guy seemed as if he was a good guy, Amara wasn't going to put her heart into someone who might stomp all over it.

  "Listen Harm, I'm glad you and Freya are supportive of this but it isn't going to happen. Not now, not ever." Amara shut down any hope that Harmony and Freya had of her dating Guy, she simply wasn't going to get hurt.

  You don't necessarily have to date someone to be afraid of getting hurt, Amara already knew that she wanted to focus on her sport and grades before falling in love. After all, she's in highschool, which means she has all of eternity to fall in love with someone. If she were to date someone, it was going to be on her own time.
  Harmony only nodded her head, she understood what Amara meant, so she wasn't going to push on the topic anymore, but that didn't mean she wasn't going to root for her and Guy.

  It was arranged that after classes, Guy and Amara would meet up at the library to continue on their project, and Amara would be lying if she said she wasn't excited to see him again. Something that nobody understands, not even Amara, is that even if she likes you with her full chest, she wasn't going to date you.
  The reason that is, you fall in love with someone and they can be this magical person, until they slip up and you're left picking up your own pieces to your shattered heart. It'll shatter like glass, and Amara was sure her heart was fragile.

  "I just don't understand, Amara he seems as if he can really treat you like the queen you are. Why are you so afraid of going for it?" Freya asked as she took a bite from fries, Amara only looked at her best friend and sighed.

  "Look, I don't know him that well, and I don't even know how I feel about him seriously. My heart is far too fragile to be handed carelessly to a guy who can break it and leave me alone."

  It wasn't until then that Amara realized why she thought this way, she knew that if she was going to invest in a relationship with someone, she was going to fall and she was going to fall hard. Freya nodded her head and stopped pressing on the topic.

  "If there is a chance we get together, it'll happen when I'm fully comfortable and I trust him." Amara added before standing up from her seat, and walking away to throw her empty tray.

  If it'll happens it'll happen when I'm fully comfortable and I trust him.

   Amara's words circled her head as she threw out her tray, except she stood in front of the garbage can, pondering about her feelings. How is she meant to trust someone and love them if she's never seen them in her life, until now. This was going to be difficult.

  "Having a malfunction?" Someone asked, Amara turned around and chuckled lightly.

   "Hey Fulton, I was just rethinking my life choices at the garbage can, but I'm done now. She's all yours buddy." Amara laughed as she patted the taller boy's shoulder, before walking off to her table.

"That's not how you spell my name." Guy pointed out as he peered over Amara's paper, which confused the girl.

  "What do you mean, your name is Guy, G-e-e." Amara spelled out the way his name sounded, only for him to laugh and shake his head.

  "It's pronounced that way but it's spelled like guy."

  Guy grabbed his pencil and erased his name, before spelling it for the girl. Amara only smiled and nodded her head, making sure to never make the same mistake again. It felt as if there was already comfortable silence between the two kids.
  Despite it being a nice comfortable silence, Amara couldn't help but question her feelings even more, was she falling for him already? This couldn't be happening, not now, not to her, and most certainly not with him.

  " I noticed how quiet you are, even though you look like you've got a lot to say, you stay silent. Have you ever noticed that? " Amara stated as she looked at the boy who was focused on writing what he knew about Amara.

  "Yeah I did, I pick and choose my battles that's why. If you're not worth my words, then you're worth my silence, but sometimes that's a good thing." Guy responded as he looked up from his paper and smiled softly at Amara.

   "Is this sometimes?" Amara whispered silently, which was supposed to be to herself but, she was a little loud.

   "Yeah, this is sometimes."

  The two didn't speak again until they needed to find more information on each other, but after that, they were silent. They were silent as if they knew each other for a long time and we're just getting homework done.
  Amara wasn't ready for that.