XXIII. I Don't Mind Your Presence

Chapter 23,
    I Don't Mind Your Presence
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  " I seriously cannot believe that you told the ducks that we were on a date, you are such a fucking dork Germaine. "

    Amara was feeling extra preppy today, after her hang out with Guy, she felt like she understood and knew him better

    Amara was feeling extra preppy today, after her hang out with Guy, she felt like she understood and knew him better. Despite still not knowing the difference of her romantic feelings and her platonic feelings, she knew she was getting somewhere.
  It felt like everything was finally getting better, nothing was complicated and Amara was able to understand everything. The best part of it all, she stopped being stubborn and began to asked or help, knowing not everything can be done alone.

  "Did you know Guy told us it was a little date, why didn you tell us?" Harmony asked as she smiled bigger than ever.

  Amara's cheeks got all hot as she looked down at the ground, Amara strictly said it was a friendly hang out but Guy still managed to make into a date. There was a little bit of hand holding and there was some flirting but not a date.

  "It was just a friendly little hang out, he's just trying to make fun of me." Amara chuckled as the two girls met up with Freya in the cafeteria.

  As the trio was headed to the back of the cafeteria, to their normal table, Charlie stopped them and offered his table. With a little bit of convincing, they headed over to the JV table and sat down. It was chaotic and fun.

  "So, Guy told us you two went on a date last night. How was it?" Connie asked quietly, pulling Julie away from the boys so the three girls can listen to the details.

  Connie, Julie, Freya, and Harmony were the literal best friends anyone could ask for. If you were to see these five girls hanging out, you'd think they've been a friend group since they were in the womb, they were understanding and supportive.
  It shocked Amara a bit, since it really wasn't anything more than just a hang out as friends.

  "It was just a hang out, we were hanging out as friends and nothing else." Amara shot down, Connie only laughed and shook her head.

  "You're mouth is saying just friends but your eyes are saying friends with benefits." Julie joked as she nudged her friend.

  Amara rolled her eyes playfully before looking down the table, Guy was drinking his Coca-cola but he looked so pretty. His hair complimented his eyes. Was it normal to notice the little things that make someone attractive?
  Sometimes when you aren't ready to accept your feelings for someone, you push it down and become blind. It takes time to finally realize again and accept that this isn't going to change, and you should just follow your heart. Not all the time you're going to get the green light, but it will never hurt to try.

  "Well, good luck to y'all, but I have English and I'm not trying to be late." Amara stated as the group had been standing outside of the cafeteria for about two minutes, and being late really wasn't an option anymore.

  "Bye buzz kill." Averman joked as he patted the girl's shoulder.

Guy decided that he would go as well, since it didn't make sense to make her wait for him to start their project.

  " I seriously cannot believe that you told the ducks that we were on a date, you are such a fucking dork Germaine. "

  The blonde only laughed softly as he sat down and pulled his notebook out, Amara smiled at him as she sat beside him.

  "Nobody has to actually know we didn't go on a date, come on Mars, live a little." Guy nudged the girl who had her head down, trying to fix someone misspellings.

  "Mars?"

  The nickname had caught her off guard, but she didn't mind it. It was different, nobody had called her a new nickname other than Amara or Mara.
This felt like a good different.

  "Yeah, I thought I'd be original." Guy muttered as he flipped his hair, he wasn't his typical shy and introverted self today.

  Amara noticed that whenever it was just them two, he crawled out of his shell and they would have a great time. She also noticed that when it was just them two, he gained much more confidence to actually conversate and hang out with the girl.
  All the things that nobody but her, and her friends had noticed, except Amara was the only one who thought it was out of being nice and friendly.

  How clueless can you actually fucking be?

  It was around midnight when Amara tossed and turned until she got up from bed and slipped her shoes on. If she wasn't going to be able to sleep, then she was going to have to wander around or do something to get all of her energy out. Quietly making her way down the stairs, Amara decided she was going to go walk to the quad and stargaze.
  Falling asleep under the stars would also be pretty cool.

   When she got to the quad, she saw that Guy was already there, laying on a blanket, reading a book. He always looked so calm and peaceful whenever he was alone, he seemed comfortable.
   Amara stood a few feet away, just watching how peaceful he was, but that came to an end when she tripped over her own foot and fell.

  "Are you okay?" Guy asked as he got up from his spot to go check on her.

  "Yeah, I didn't know you were out here. I couldn't sleep, so I thought stargazing would help. I can leave if you want, i don't want to intrude."

  Amara stammered a bit as she got up from the grassy ground, but Guy shook his head.

  "I don't mind your presence, we can stargaze together if that's what'll help you sleep."

  The two walked back to his spot and laid down, staring up at the night sky which was littered with star all over. The way they twinkled made them look more special, it was breathtaking.

  "That's the little dipper," Guy pointed it out before going on a little ramble about where each star was and how they got their name.

   It took him a few moments to realize that the girl had fallen asleep already, he wasn't sure if it was his boring information or the stars, but he didn't mind.

  But it was his own presence that made Amara relax and fall asleep easily.