XVII. I Didn't Mean It

Chapter 17,
   I Didn't Mean It
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Well it would have been nice to know that you were going to blow me off for someone, if you want to fail then that's on you, but don't bring me down. I actually care about my future. "

   I was waiting in the library for Guy to show up, we had agreed that every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, we would meet at the library to do our project

   I was waiting in the library for Guy to show up, we had agreed that every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, we would meet at the library to do our project. After all, it was due three months from now, but I wanted to finish it early so I can relax. I looked lonely and idiotic waiting for someone who is an hour late.
  There's a possibility he has hockey practice last minute and couldn't tell me, that wouldn't bother me considering it happens to almost everyone on a team. Except, Orion has made it clear that there's no hockey practice today, so is he just doing something else?

   I don't know him that well, so I don't want to say that he's ditched me for something or someone else, but it feels that way. I'll get a head start on my side of the project since I learned that he has two younger sisters and one older brother, and much more other information, like how his family gave him a French name when he's not French.
That would be a good fun fact, either way, I'm not going to wait any longer and just get started on the project, I'm sure he'll show up.

  I grabbed my walkman out of my bookbag and began to listen to my mixtape, I didn't like working in the silence if I wasn't with someone. I liked how Guy and I had a comfortable silence, it made me feel calm and happy.

"If it isn't the speedster, hey Amara!" Charlie greeted as he, Fulton, Russ, Dwayne, and Adam walked over to me.

   "Hey guys, what are y'all doing here?" I questioned knowing that only Adam would be here to get a book for class but not the rest of his mates.

  "Hiding from Connie and Julie, we sort of pranked them and now they're out for blood." Adam stated as he sat beside me, I laughed and shook my head.

   I know I said that I didn't want to be their friend anymore but they don't deserve my fury, besides I'm calm and my thoughts are collected. It was just the heat of the moment that I didn't wanna be their friend, but their chill and fun to be around.
  I loved the adrenaline rush that I had when we pranked the Varsity hockey team, and the way they looked out for me. They were super cool.

  "What about you, how come you're here all alone working on your... Social skill project?" Adam asked as he read the top part of my paper.

  "Well, Guy was supposed to meet me here a half an hour ago but, I guess he's busy." I answered as I grabbed my pencil and continued to write down some interesting information that Guy had told me the other day.

  Charlie looked at his friends and then back at me, as if to say that there was something they knew that I clearly didn't. I just got my peace of mind back, I didn't want to lose it again, that wouldn't be fair.
  It got all quiet and I knew that if I wanted some answers I was going to have to ask Dwayne, he wouldn't lie to me since he's a respectful gentleman.

  "Dwayne, what you guys not telling me?" I got up from my seat and walked closer to the cowboy.

  "Guy's hanging out with a girl that's on the cheer team!" Dwayne admitted almost immediately, resulting in Russ slapping his arm in disappointment.

  I sighed and nodded my head as I walked back to the table, I put everything in my book bag before grabbing my walkman and shoving it in there as well. I don't why I had such high expectations, I don't even know why I feel this way either.

  "Well, he could've given me a heads up that he wasn't going to make it, but it's whatever. I'll see you guys later, I've gotta finish some homework." I smiled softly before walking past the group of boys who began to bicker at Dwayne for telling me, but it was because of my clear expression of jealousy or hurt.

  I walked out of the library and walked down the stairs, I wanted to go find Harmony and copy off of her Algebra homework. Except, instead of bumping into Harmony, I bumped into Guy.
  Now I wanted to smile and tell him we should work on our project tomorrow, pretending that today wasn't an epic fail, but I couldn't do that. If you know you're not going to make it, tell me.

  "Hey stranger!" I greeted, Guy smiled at me and waved.

  "Hi, how come you're with your book bag?" Guy asked, which is what I wanted.

  "Just continuing our project, you know, cause today is Wednesday."

  Guy's smile dropped as he realized he totally forgot, and most likely made it seem like he blew me off for a girl. I think he knew that I knew as well.

  "Amara, I forgot I'm so sorry, I was going to go up to the library but I got distracted." Guy explained, it wasn't a great explanation but it was an explanation.

  " Well it would have been nice to know that you were going to blow me off for someone, if you want to fail then that's on you, but don't bring me down. I actually care about my future. " I sighed before walking away, Algebra homework can wait until tomorrow, I'm too tired.

  As I walked up the stairs again to the dorms, I felt this little weird thing, it wasn't nervousness or butterflies. I felt a little annoyed, annoyed at the fact Guy was possibly on a date, but it shouldn't bother me. I'm just tired, I'll sleep the feeling off.