XXIX. I'm Sure He Means Well

Chapter 29,
    I'm Sure He Means Well
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" If you still don't want to give Coach Orion a chance then at least join the team again, I know you miss it. I'm sure the ducks miss you as well, even Banks. "

    It was six in the morning, Amara was standing beside Gordon as they watched Charlie's alarm go off

    It was six in the morning, Amara was standing beside Gordon as they watched Charlie's alarm go off. She watched as Charlie groaned before shutting the alarm off, Amara wanted to sigh but he didn't know we were here.

  "I didn't set an alarm.." Charlie muttered as he groaned before holding onto his pillow.

  "We did, good morning Charlie." Gordon smiled, but Charlie only rolled his eyes and tried to go back to sleep.

  Gordon already knew how to handle this situation, Amara was clueless though. She only moved away from the bed and watched as Gordon lifted the bed, to bring Charlie to get off of his bed. It was a little satisfying to watch Charlie hit the ground but Amara didn't laugh.

  "Get dressed Conway, we want to show you something." Amara stated before walking out of the room, with Gordon following behind.

  There were so many things that could go wrong but since Amara wasn't alone, she knew that Gordon could handle it without breaking a sweat. As the two waited for Charlie to come out of his room dressed, they decided to get to know each other.
  Gordon was really sweet, now Amara understood how Charlie got attached so quickly. He had that father figure personality, and that was what Charlie liked.

  It felt like Amara had known Bombay since she was a little girl, she liked how he was so easy to talk to and how he was understanding. Charlie finally walked down the stairs but he didn't seem happy about it, not like either of them gave a fuck. Gordon only forced Charlie out of his house and into his car, now this part of plan was a little fuzzy to Amara as Gordon didn't tell her the rest.
  Amara buckled her seat belt and stared out the window, Charlie didn't want to stay in his dorms so he went home which is why Gordon and Amara had to drive back to the campus.

  "Why are we back at school?" Charlie asked as they unbuckled their seatbelts and walked out of the car.

   Neither Gordon or Amara answered his question but instead they walked into the school, and walked to the ice rink. Instead of going onto the ice, the three walked up the bleachers and sat down.

   "Why are we here?" Charlie asked once again, looking visibly annoyed.

  There was a silence before classical music began, and Orion got on the ice, holding onto his daughter's wheelchair. Amara could have sworn her heart was about to burst, she had no idea that Orion's daughter was disabled, or that he even had a daughter. Gordon knew though, he knew about about Coach Orion.

  "Him and his daughter was in a car crash, and well, you see the outcome.."

  Amara stopped listening as she knew she was ready to break down, she felt bad for Coach Orion. It must be difficult to look at your daughter and think of all the ways you could have prevent the accident from happening. She even zoned out, day dreaming about something else to stop herself from crying.

  "Come, I gotta show you both something." Gordon stated, Amara and Charlie got up from their seats, following Gordon.

  They walked down the hall until they got to the trophy case, where Gordon showed them a photo of him when he was younger. It was a photo of him, he was on the debate team. Amara wasn't sure what the point behind this was but she walked away to let Charlie and Gordon have their moment.
   Only returning when Charlie began to cry and hug Gordon, it made Amara understand Charlie more.

  " If you still don't want to give Coach Orion a chance then at least join the team again, I know you miss it. I'm sure the ducks miss you as well, even Banks. "

  Amara smiled, trying to lighten the mood, Charlie nodded his head and smiled back before pulling Amara into the hug as well. This was a successful day, mission accomplished if you will.