XXIV. Maybe I Was Wrong

Chapter 24,
    Maybe I Was Wrong
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Maybe I wanted to be blind, I don't want to put myself in a position where I am cornered and I get hurt. My heart is in a box labeled fragile, and I don't want him to drop it, allowing it to shatter and then leave. "

     Sometimes being wrong is a good thing, it'll open your eyes and make you realize that there's nothing wrong with being wrong

     Sometimes being wrong is a good thing, it'll open your eyes and make you realize that there's nothing wrong with being wrong. That's how I felt when I woke up and Luis was staring at me with a smirk on his face.

  "Guy brought you here, said something about not wanting to wake your roommate up." Luis informed me as he got up from his own bed, I looked at him with a dazed and confused look on my face.

  I knew that I had fallen asleep outside with Guy, I just didn't know until now that he brought me to his dorm. Where did he sleep, and why didn't he just take me to dorm or even wake me up? I had so many questions.
  All I did was nod my head before getting up from his bed, I had to go and brush my teeth as well as get ready for the day. I also had to thank the boy.

  Once I looked, smelled, and felt good, I walked out of my dorm and ran down the stairs. I knew he was already at the cafeteria, sitting down and eating his breakfast. I also knew that all of our friends were already there, besides Luis.
  I walked into the cafeteria and spotted Guy, he was quiet, nodding his head every once in a while during a conversation him and the rest of our friends were having.

  "Oh Mars hey! I saved you a seat." Guy beamed as he removed his bag from the chair beside him.

  I looked at him and smiled before taking the seat, I put my bookbag beside me.

  "Thanks for bringing me to your dorm, but why?" I got straight to the point, but I also whispered it so I didn't bring any attention to us.

  "You looked peaceful, and it was late at night so I brought you to my dorm. Don't worry, you slept in my bed and I slept in Luis's, he was at Mindy's." Guy answered cooly, he smiled at me too.

  I felt as if I had a tingly feeling in my stomach, my knees wobbled as well, I was lucky that I was sitting down. I smiled back at the boy, and looked around the cafeteria to ignord the heat that rose in my cheeks.

   "Mara, do you mind if we talked, like outside of the cafeteria?" Freya asked as she got up from her seat beside Dwayne, grabbed Harmony's forearm.

  I didn't get a chance to even respond before they both dragged me out of my seat, and dragged me out of the cafeteria. I knew that they were going to bug me about Guy, and I was ready for it. It no longer bothered me like it used to.

  "Look before you ask, me and Guy hung out again and I spent the night at his dorm since I fell asleep outside. Nothing else happened, and I know what you're already thinking, we're just friends." I spat everything out quickly, I knew this was going to shoot down some of their questions.

  "Amara, you are so blind that it honestly hurts all of us, probably even Guy himself." Harmony stated as she pinched the bridge of her nose, I smiled though.

  I knew how I felt about Guy, but I wasn't going to let anyone else know.

  " Maybe I wanted to be blind, I don't want to put myself in a position where I am cornered and I get hurt. My heart is in a box labeled fragile, and I don't want him to drop it, allowing it to shatter and then leave. "

   The words came out quicker than expected, but it needed to be said. I didn't want to date someone, and fall in love with them, just so that they can ruin me. I didn't want to be left broken and alone, something that can always happen in a relationship.

  "You will never know if you never try, remember that Mara."

  I nodded my head as I wrapped my arms around my two best friends, I wasn't ready to fall in love but I knew that I was ready for him. Maybe I was wrong after all.