XXVIII. The Ducks Are Dead

Chapter 28,
    The Ducks Are Dead
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Sometimes you need to learn how to let the past go, even if you don't want to. This isn't healthy Charlie, what you're doing is not healthy. "

   Guy and Amara's plan was that they would split up and talk to both boys, try to convince them to at least talk to one another

   Guy and Amara's plan was that they would split up and talk to both boys, try to convince them to at least talk to one another. It was going to be difficult since neither one was willing to even breathe near each other, but this had to be done. Everyone else was going to stand by and watch a four year long friendship go down the drain, Guy and Amara will not.
  Even if it didn't work, they could at least sit down and say that they tried. Giving up and leaving it alone wasn't an option for them, that was very clear.

  "I suggest not talking to Charlie just yet, he's mad at Coach Orion because he, well he killed the ducks. We are no longer knows as the ducks, and that ticked him off." Guy informed the girl, as they walked into the cafeteria.

   "What did Charlie do?" Amara asked, she just needed to know if now or later would be a good time to talk some sense into Charlie.

  Last night they had to decide who was going to talk to who, and it was clear Amara wanted and needed to speak to Charlie. If he was willing to throw out a friendship of four years for a sport that he won't be playing after he turns forty, then he needs to really think about it. Guy wasn't really on board about the idea but he knew arguing with Amara about it wasn't going to do anything.

  "He quit the hockey team, Fulton followed him too."

  "You see, me talking to him worked out in the end because he'll probably try to choke you out!" Amara beamed as she spoke in a sing song tone, before walking over to the table.

   "Let's agree to talk to the both boys during lunch, this needs to get down soon." Amara whispered to Guy, he only gave her a nod in response before looking around the cafeteria.

  This was going to be much harder than what it sounded like, but they were both ready for the challenge. I mean, they take Chemistry, Biology, and Algebra for crying out loud, this was going to be a piece of cake.

"Conway, can I talk to you in private?" I called out to the boy as he started to walk up the stairs.

  He only looked at me before nodding his head, Amara smiled slightly and walked with him to the ice rink. This wasn't the best place to tell him he should rethink his life choices, but it was probably his favorite place.

  "Are you seriously going to give up on your friendship with Adam for a sport? A sport that you fucking quit?" Amara questioned, this was already confusing and they haven't even gotten to the point yet.

  "Look, you would stop being friends with your friends if they betrayed you too." Charlie spat as he furrowed his eyebrows, Amara looked at him and shooked her head, he was so wrong about her.

  Amara wasn't the type of person to give up on a friendship if it wasn't over something serious and important. That was what made her different from Charlie.

  "He didn't betray you Charlie, the kid got lucky and got on varsity. Are you seriously not going to be proud of your best friend?" Amara's voice softened, if she were to get frustrated then Charlie would as well.

  "Is this what you thought when Bombay told you he wasn't coaching you guys anymore? Yeah, Guy told me."

  That seemed to hit a nerve, Charlie's facial expressions hardened as he glared at Amara. At the moment, she knew that she had made a mistake. Charlie didn't say anything though, he just stood there.

" Sometimes you need to learn how to let the past go, even if you don't want to. This isn't healthy Charlie, what you're doing is not healthy. "

  It was silent for a moment before Charlie nodded his head, Amara smiled softly as she wrapped her arms around him. Amara knew what it was like to think the whole world was against you, and believing that nobody is ever going to help you. That's another reason to why she chose to speak to him.

  "You also need to give Coach Orion a chance, you can't keep pushing him away just because he doesn't want to coach the Mighty Ducks." Amara added as she let go of Charlie.

  "He said the ducks are dead, he's breaking up the best thing we ever had." Charlie muttered, but Amara didn't say anything.

  If she wanted to get through to him to give Coach Orion a chance, she was going to have to use his biggest weakness. Gordon Bombay.