XXXIII. My Heart is Fragile

Chapter 33,
   My Heart is Fragile
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I can't just keep doing this anymore Guy, I thought I had my feelings figured out but I can't do this. I cannot risk hurting myself, I don't want to hurt. "

   I found myself sitting next to the boy I have had a crush on all year, outside stargazing

   I found myself sitting next to the boy I have had a crush on all year, outside stargazing. I would have never done this with anyone else, besides Freya and Harmony, but Guy was special. He was a different kind of special, the special you cherish until you die, the kind of special that you would never find someone like him. I wasn't being dramatic either, it felt like fireworks whenever we were together.
  My heart would tighten whenever he would move closer to me, I could feel the air in my lungs exit my body whenever he would lean down to hear me speak, my legs would get wobbly whenever he would walk past me and hold onto my waist. I knew that nobody would feel like this for their friend, if they truly only saw the person a day friend.

  "Is something on your mind? I could see you thinking a little too hard over there." Guy pointed out as he removed his eyes from the stars and looked at me.

   I looked back at him and nodded my head, I knew if I were to tell him he was on my mind, he would have laughed at me and mocked. I am terrified of getting hurt, I can't do this. I got up from the blanket and began to walk away without saying a word.

  "Amara, was it something that I said?" Guy asked as he got up from the blanket, rushing to catch up to me.

  I felt my heart tighten even more, my name leaving his lips was a gift from him to me and he didn't even know. I hated this feeling, I hated that if I pursued what my heart wanted, I could get hurt in the end.

  " I can't just keep doing this anymore Guy, I thought I had my feelings figured out but I can't do this. I cannot risk hurting myself, I don't want to hurt. "

  Tears threatened my eyes, but I didn't want them to fall. I didn't want to lead him on if I knew that I wasn't ready, I had to cut this right here and right now. I couldn't stand here and look at him, I couldn't do this.

  I felt like a coward, it was the Rick thing all over again. I turned around but before I could even walk away, Guy grabbed my hand and spun me around. Our faces were inches apart, and I could feel my breath hitch and speed again. There was no doubt in my mind that I wanted Guy, and only Guy.

  "Amara, I wouldn't put you in the position to get hurt if I knew that I was going to leave. I want this, and I want you. You're something special, and I can't lose you." Guy expressed as his arms wrapped around my waist, securing me against him.

  "Guy, I can't risk it. I can't give you my heart if you're going to be careless with it, I just can't." I refused to cry in front of him, I refused to tell him that I liked him anymore than i already do.

  I pushed myself away from him and watched as he quickly grabbed my hands, he wasn't willing to let me go but I just can't do it. I wanted to let myself give in and hold him until my arms dropped but I didn't know what his intentions were. If you were in my shoes, you wouldn't have thought twice about staying.
  But getting hurt isn't an option for me, I pulled my hands back from his slowly and sighed before walking away from him. I ruined everything to keep myself safe, everyone was going to hate me.

  Everyone is going to despise me for not dating their friend, I despised me.