Chapter 24

Christ's POV

I can very clearly see that this house has been turned upside down. That young woman has Rev and Shadows obsessed without even so much as a kiss on the cheek. Vengeance is running around hating her guts and practically plotting against her like some comic book villain. As for me, I'm indifferent to her. She is quite the enigma in her own unique way. However she is also a very large liability to this team. For years it has only been us. Nobody worried for one another because we knew without a shadow of a doubt that we could defend ourselves. Now that has changed. We had a small, vulnerable woman with us that had no training in how to defend herself and was quickly becoming a soft spot for our best shot and the strongest one among us. I really don't know how to categorize her place in this house. Not an asset but also not a complete waste of time and space. This is the first time I've seen those men actually act like the men I grew up with. Shadows has finally placed his dick back in his pants and Rev is back to being a laid back lanky dumb ass. These are the men I grew up with and they do mean the world to me so them returning to themselves after everything we have been through is something worth mentioning.

On the flip side, it's the hardened and dark sides of these men that catapulted us to the success we have achieved today. With their hearts closed and pockets open, they have become ruthless and unstoppable in their goal of taking this entire state. We have politicians, state officials and even the whole police department under our control. No street gang has become this big of an organization since the motherfucking mafia. There have been so many budding gangs that think they have the balls to tear us down, trying to undermine our power in this city. It isn't long before they have their heads delivered to their mothers' doorstep with a resounding fuck you sounding throughout the state. Recently though I have noticed that my partners in crime have begun to slow down. There hasn't been a party or mansion wide orgy in months. They are all so calm now. We are only really leaving for business and even a few of those meetings have been diverted to phone calls and interesting skype meetings. The changes don't bother me much. I was never one who particularly loved the business side of our organization. For me the formalities just got in the way of what I really wanted to do, which was conquer. My current precarious position displaying that right now.

I was sitting on top of the roof of a six story building, dressed in all black and watching the competition. Across the street is HollyWood Undead. Even from this distance it was clear to see that they were making a weapons sale. After talking to Papa Roach and getting a few more details on these guys, I decided a stakeout was well warranted. I had already been reporting to the team that this particular spunky group of assholes was trying what so many before them had tried, topping us. These asswipes were young and albeit skilled, just like we were so many years ago. However this story will not play out as sweetly as ours did. We not be like our predecessors, waiting for a formidable opponent to raise through the ranks and kindly introduce themselves like it was a fucking tea party.

Fuck that! We instill a degree of fear in everyone we can and for those we can't scare straight, we kill. This is the part I love truly. Taking over what someone loved and making it my personal toy. These kids don't know the struggles we faced, the beatings we took, the amount of people who laughed at us in the face when we said we would own this state. Imagine some freakishly tall kid, a stocky, awkward manchild, a pudgy, socially ignorant weirdo, a mute asshole, and a quiet psychopath running around this city and telling people they'll own this state. And now if anyone would like to meet those people and ask them if they regret doubting us, they can talk to their graves.

I raise my pair of binoculars to my eyes and watch the money switch hands. Even though it was in a briefcase, it was very clear with the amount of weapons they were buying that it was a lot of money. Now I'm curious to know who in the fuckery was funding them. There was no fucking way those newbies had made that much money, that fast, especially not with us running the streets as tightly as we do. Someone who was already well established was funding these guys to rise up against us. That means one thing: war. If someone was so invested in making sure these children succeed and them not aligning themselves with us, that means at least one of our allies was turning against us and using these guys to do it. I hope they'll be able to sleep at night with these kids' blood on their hands. I would love to know who had decided to turn their backs on us. Just the very thought of the betrayal had my motherfucking blood boiling.

There were plenty of things that I refuse to allow the ability to affect me, from ignorance to simple disrespect. However betrayal was one that I could never allow. I had forgiven one person for her betrayal once and she made me regret it almost instantly. Her silky skin was so easy to forgive, her velvety soft words always made me weak and cave into her wants. Slap in the face after a kick in the stomach, I begged HER to come back and just love me. Never again will I be that weak or that desperate. I would rather offer my soul to the fucking devil before I stoop that low again. Looking through the binoculars and pushing past my pain, I see HollyWood Undead looking extremely smug about themselves, playing with their new toys and even I can admit they are some impressive looking weapons, which does nothing but further my belief that someone else is behind their success.

Packing up my stakeout supplies, I prepare to reveal the betrayal to my brothers. This calculated attack at us will not be tolerated under any circumstances. I slip into the building and allow the sleek all chrome elevator to take me to the ground level. It is here that I realize that this could potentially go a lot worse than I had initially anticipated. We truly have no idea who is for and against us. Hell even Papa Roach is under a microscope now. I mean they sure do know a lot about this gang to say they're only doing surveillance. I have to go speak with my brothers about this and figure out what is the best next course of action. My speciality is how to punish while Venegance as fucking demonic as he is, is very calculated and skilled at knowing how to conquer any conquest. As I slide into the all black Nissan Corolla, I begin to dream of how I will repay each and every one of those who would turn their back against the deathbat.

She May Not Belong to One of Us, but She Belongs to All of Usजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें