Chapter 20

Amelia's POV

"Okay so now that your room is finished we must begin clothes shopping. We are headed out of Bat Country to the Huntington mall. Now normally I wouldn't ask this but to avoid getting chewed out by Christ I'll ask. You're not going to run on me right?"

I glanced over to her and saw her face go into shock. I don't think I offended her but then again I have more experience in offending people rather than not offending people.

"No, of course not. I mean even if I wanted to run it's not like I have anywhere or anyone to run to. The guys have been decent and you're my first and best friend. I mean why would I want to leave."

Shaking my head, feeling foolish for asking, I turn my attention back to the road and continue to the mall. After singing our hearts out to at least five Nicki Minaj songs, we pull into the parking lot of the mall.

"Okay so this mall is huge and outside which has always made it my personal favorite. There's literally like every kind of store here so if there's any particular store that you like or just want to visit let me know."

A simple nod of the head lets me know we are good to go and we trudge to the first store on the list, Forever 21. I know it's not totally elite and shit but come on they have some of the cutest outfits. And to be honest, my best friend needs some great starting pieces seeing as her closet is composed of like three outfits. Walking in there's a tall mannequin displaying a short, black velvet dress with gold studs embellishing it. To complete the dress, the mannequin also has strappy black heels on her feet and a pure lavender wig that is pulled into a half up half down hairstyle. Already having my fair share of mini black dresses I walk past it without much of a second thought. That is until I notice there isn't a small pair of feet following behind me. Looking behind me I see Melissa is stuck staring at the mannequin. She looked so adorable, completely infatuated with the standling model.

"Am I going to have to pry your eyes off the mannequin or will you remove them voluntarily?"

My comment was met with eyes that were practically begging for me to give in to her wants.

"Fine lets go find the fucking dress."

We walk around the mannequin and begin searching the racks for the right dress size when it occurs to me. I'm not entirely sure what her dress size is. The clothes I lend to her are usually between a wide, small and fitted medium. It's easy to see that she's more curvy than me but I don't know if that makes her a wide medium or just a large. Time to grab two sizes and let the fabric decide. Pulling a medium and a large size off the rack, I grab her wrist and pull her to the dressing room with me. I stuff her into a room with the two dresses and promptly step outside the door.

"Let me know when you have one of them on so I can see how you look."

After what feels like a lifetime of waiting the door opens to emerge a completely different person. Before me was a changed girl, maybe not completely inside but for damn sure on the outside. The soft knit fabric stretched, wrapping around each curve she was blessed with.

"Well fuck me sideways you look downright delictable. If I was a guy I'd be sporting a major boner. You look so good. Which size is that one?"

"This one is large."

"Yea I figured that one would be the better option. Your stomach is practically flat but you have an ass that just won't stop."

Her pure laughter filled the empty changing room.

"So we know you're definitely getting that dress. Let's drop it off at the counter so they can hold it while we keep shopping."

We leave the changing room and leave the dress with the cashier. She in an unexpected turn of events practically drags me to the casual section of the store. Soon enough there's piles of clothes in her arms and a huge smile splattered across her face. With her upbringing I'm guessing this is the first time she ever really went shopping, let alone with an unlimited amount of money to do so. Just wait until I bring her to the jewelry stores. She just might pass out. Her feet skip back to the changing room and she's hopping and pulling different articles of clothing while I sit on the ottoman there watching and reviewing each piece. Fuck this is nice. Actually having a friend and someone to do something with and compare outfits with. She is ecstatic and like a kid in a candy shop and I can barely believe it but I feel the same way.