[9] judge, jury, executioner

Start from the beginning

"It's not him."

"Holy shit." He leaned himself against the wall, breathing heavily, "JJ, I thought you were dead."

"I'm sure you did." I went and crouched in front of him, "Now, unless you want another visit from backwoods butcher out there, you're gonna tell me everything."

"I already told him everything I know about the group."

"I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the night in the bar."

Randall gave a smug laugh, "which night in the bar are we talking? The one where I was kind enough to buy you a drink, or the one where you killed my brother?" 

I stood up, almost falling backward, "I--uh, what the hell are you talking about?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. You and your best friend Maggie beat my brother into a coma, which he never pulled out of. Lucky for you, your brother's a cop. So, you got off scott-free."

"Your brother was going to do to Maggie what you did to me."

"Which was what, JJ? Buy you a drink? You know, you were really fucked up that night maybe that's why you're having such a hard time remembering."

"No," I moved back in front of him, lowering my voice, "you drugged me. At the bar. Then you and your buddies took me to that motel room and did God-knows-what."

"You killed my brother."

"It was an accident."

"And now we're even. My friends and I, we let you off lucky."

"That was lucky? I woke up confused, alone and naked in some run-down, dirty ass motel with your worthless friend overdosed in the bathtub."

"Please, looking like that, you were begging for what we did."

I grabbed his collar, "I swear to God, if you mention any of this to any of them, I'll finish you off myself."

"Like you did with my brother?"

I let go, throwing him against the wall, "nah, I'll make sure it's much more painful."

I marched out, not realizing Daryl was standing right outside the door where I had stood before.

"What the shit was that all about?" 

"I thought you left." I sighed, noticing he wasn't backing down, "look, it was just a miscommunication. That's all."

"Didn't sound like no damn miscommunication." He snapped. 

"Well, it was. And you're not gonna tell anyone about this, especially my brother."

"Didn't that prick just say somethin' about your brother?"

I huffed, "The night he's talking about- I didn't call Rick. I called Shane. Rick- Rick can't know any of that."

"Why the hell not?" Daryl didn't let me respond. "You really think I'm gonna let that son of a bitch live another day after what I just heard?" He started to walk back up to the house. 

I grabbed his forearm, stopping him, "Daryl, please." My eyes were watery. It was embarrassing, honestly. "If you tell my brother, it'll ruin everything. He'll know about what I did, what he did, and what Shane did." I bit my lip, and took a breath, "if they find out about this, I- I don't know what they'll do. What they'll think of me."

"You did what you had to."

"Yeah, and what if they don't see it like that?"

"Then, they're a bunch of damn fools. Look, I ain't gonna say nothin', but I swear to you, I will kill that bastard."