The Maury Show

*No Ones P.O.V.*

Ms.B: I haven't talked to you since you went to Vegas Chile! What happened! What's goin on !?

Ms.B said excitedly. Jace gave her her best impression of a happy woman.

Jace: Well..

Jace says with a weak smile. She holds out her left hand showing Ms.B her ring hand.

*GASP*

Ms.B stared at Jaces ring in shock. She held onto Jaces hand examining the ring. Jace began to look at Ms.B with confusion she couldn't read if Ms.B was sad or happy or angry.

Ms.B: He proposed?

She asked still holding onto Jaces hand.

Jace: He proposed.

Jace said with a cracked voice & smile.

Jace: I fucked-

Jace quickly fixes her cursing in front of Ms.B.

Jace: I messed up Ms.B...East has been there for me the best way he could..

Ms.B: Considering he's a drug dealer.

Ms.B said with a attitude.

Jace: Okay Ms.B. I know. But it doesn't take away from the man he's been to me. My ex & Kendra's exes been poppin up whenever they feel like it..and I been mad at East so I ain't been deadin it like I should have.

Ms.B: Deading it ?

Jace: I should have listened to East & dropped August as soon as he came back into the picture...should have ignored him & let East know whenever he tried to talk to me...I should have stood by my husband..instead I embarrassed him.

Jaces words click in her head & she began to see where East was coming from. It made her sick.
She looked down at the carpet realizing how they both could have avoided this if they were honest with each other & put their egos to the side. Maybe they didn't deserve each other.

Ms.B looks at Jace clearly seeing that this whole thing was killing her and she never wanted to see someone she saw as a daughter like this.

Ms.B: You haven't been perfect since this has started..but he ain't been perfect either. He wouldn't have made you his wife if he didn't think you were perfect for him.

Ms.B tears up and Jace tries to perk up. She grabs some tissues to give Ms.B.

Ms.B: I'm fine, I'm fine..y'all just remind me of me and my husband.

Jace looks over to the photos of them all over the living room. Jace always looked at the photos but never knew the back story.

Ms. B: Yea he use to be out in these streets too.

Jace began to realize that's why she knew so much about her and East situation.

Ms.B: But I wish I was more like you when I was younger...I was more like Kendra.

Jace: Yea right (laugh)

Ms.B: Yea! I didn't care how he made the money. As long as we wore matching gold chains & tracksuits (laugh)..until ya know. Then I realize now I should've been more like you. Wanting him to get out the streets. Being worried for him. I should have begged him to get out of that life..just like you.

Jace takes a deep breath taking it all in.

Ms.B: But you're smarter than me you're not going to end up with a new born baby & a dead husband.

"A new born baby ?" Jace thought.

*BUZZ*BUZZ*

Jace almost jumps out of her chair and answers her phone.

Jace: Hi...yes..yes....yea....I wanna talk too...you're where? ....no I'm not far I'm like 5 minutes away...I'll send it right now.

Jace hangs up her phone and immediately starts click clacking on her phone.

Ms.B: Who was that?

Ms.B asks laughing at Jaces excited nervousness.

Jace: it was East! He wants to talk! I sent him my location.

Ms.B's face drops.

Ms.B: You sent him your location here??

Jace: Yea? Ima meet him outside why what's wrong ?

Ms.B: Jace Baby I don't think..

Jace shrieks looking at her phone.

Jace: He's here!

Jace damn near runs out with Ms.B not far behind her. Jace see's East pull up but he stops in the middle of the street. Jace stops instantly on the sidewalk when East slams his car door loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear. His eyes furrowed as he barreled toward Jace in a pure rage. He towered over her extending his large hand to her neck.

East: ARE YOU FUCKIN PLAYIN WITH ME!? YOU THINK MY LIFE IS A JOKE!? TF YOU DOIN HERE!?

East backed Jace up onto a random parked car with his hand still around her neck. He didn't squeeze or grip it tightly. He just held her in place. Tears streamed down Jace's face she didn't know what the fuck was goin on. She thought maybe she had been set up and East never did want to come talk he just wanted to beat her ass in the street.

Ms.B: LET HER GO DAVID!

East looked back and was met with the strongest slap Jace had ever seen.

Ms.B: LET HER GO!

Another slap reigned across his face and Jace stood froze like a statue. East hesitantly let Jace go.

Ms.B: She didn't know David...she didn't know...

Ms.B & East stood still looking at each other with their chests raising rapidly up and down.

Jace looked at East & Ms.B and it ALL finally clicked. Ms.B was East's mother! Mrs.Brewster! That kicked him out years ago for selling drugs! East's daddy who was in the streets is the one Ms.B was married too! And East was...the baby she had to raise alone. Now all of their conversations about East made sense. It made sense why she got emotional looking at the ring. Ms.B knew the whole time. Jaces thoughts were racing so fast she thought she was going to faint.

Jace held onto her neck trying to walk back to her car. East seemed like he wasn't trying to hurt her but just knowing he would put his hands on her & did sent her into total shock let alone just now finding her Ms.B is East's mother. Her body was not walking in a straight line and she felt her vision going blurry. She felt someone trying to hold her up but kept fighting against it. Eventually she gave up and everything went back.