Chapter 23 - Answers And Confrontations.

Start from the beginning

    "She's....." He starts again.

     "Uncle Dayo" I say almost pleadingly. "Fine. Is her mom home? My mom asked me to relay a message for her" I say lying through my teeth.

      "She's home. I'll relay the message"

      "It's private" I rush out and when he looks at me skeptically, I smile. All this to enter one gate? Nawa o. When it's not Aso Rock. Wait till I get my hands on you. I'll wring your neck.  I've been standing under this hot sun for your sake.

     He looks intently at me and opens the gate wider. I don't get it. Will I be holding a ticking time bomb? I didn't even carry a purse. Where will I put it? My pocket?!!! I fight the urge to hiss as I walk into the house.

     "Kemisola, is that you?" Jasmine's mum calls from the couch and I smiled. She always called me that even after I insisted (more than a dozen times) that it wasn't my name. She was the true definition of an Igbo woman. She's beautiful in every sense of the word with her fair complexion. She donned a short Ankara gown that looked beautiful on her.

      "Good afternoon ma"

      "Come. Sit" she says sitting up from her lying position to make room for me beside her. "I'm guessing you're here for Jasmine? When will you pay me a visit?" She asks with a laugh.

      "Soon" I respond and join in the laughter.

      "Chizaram" she calls but there was no answer. "Zara!" She calls again and mutters something about the disadvantage of the maid going home. Just so you know, Chizaram is Jasmine's native name.

    Soon enough, we hear noisy footsteps coming down the stairs. "Mummy" she answers but faced me squarely with a glare that I matched with one of my own.

     "Kemi's here" her mom announces like I wasn't beside her in her clear view.

     "Okay"

    "Well, off you go" she says gesturing to me to go upstairs. I do and Jasmine trails behind me.

     Once we are in the safe confines of her room, she bursts. "What are you doing here?"

     "See, drama queen, I didn't come here to do back and forth with you. Is it true? " I ask folding my arms.

      "Is what true?"

      If she plays dumb with me, I'll really wring her neck. "Don't play dumb. Sophia told me. Everything"

    "Well, you can't trust everybody can you? " She says and sits by her dresser.

     "You haven't denied it" I point out. "So, you really told her that I was and still craving attention and pity from everyone all because of and I quote 'one trivial occurrence'. And that I was hitting on all the guys so she should hold onto Isaac " I says and she rolls her eyes. Okayyyyy.

      "And I'm purposely trying to rile Jacob up by playing with David" I finish. "How could you possibly think that?"

    "Isn't it true?"

     "Jasmine" I yell trying to warn her.

     "Everybody has been seeing the subtle hints Jacob passes to you but you act all oblivious and the next minute you're all over David" she says, all in one breath. "I mean, I get that what Stephanie's been saying isn't cool but babe move on. Just because of your pitiful ass, Temi asks about you all the time like he feels guilty for what's happening. I can't have a week without hearing if you're doing okay"

      "You have gone completely bonkers. You've lost it and even if you haven't, you're about to" I say with a laugh. "What's your problem? The way I handle certain situations is up to me" I continue, pointing at my chest for emphasis.

       "Not when it affects me" she says defiantly.

      "I do not see where your reasoning is coming from. In literal sense, you want the attention back on you and away from me right?" I ask and she keeps quiet. The silent confirmation. "I didn't beg for Temi to care. I didn't even know Jacob liked me and David and I are just close. Close-knit friends" I explain. Stretching the friends and she snorts.

      "I'm done here" I announce raising my hands up in exasperation. Like hellloo? We're best friends. Why's she making everything about her? She's the one who stuck by me with everything and now this?

    "I can't believe you're fighting with me over a guy or maybe even guys because of what? Attention that won't matter in a couple months. Grow up Jas, because this is plain stupid" I say and walk out of the room. I halt in my steps meeting no other than Temi by the door. I glance up at him and walked away. I can't be in the middle of couple's spite.

     Luckily, her mom isn't downstairs so I don't need to explain why I'm all frowns or why her daughter wasn't happy to see me.
I'm fighting with my best friend over childish attention. How stupid.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
      So, yeah. That's it.
      But Jasmine though......she's really losing it.
        Sorry the updates aren't coming so steadily. I've been so busy 😩it's so crazy.
Anyways, tap the star icon if you loved this chapter★. If you didn't, well tap it anyways 😂.
Comment and share❤️
XOXO❤️❤️