112: Never Seen Your Face Around Here

Start from the beginning

"Boring," Libby said. "I was hoping for something better'n that."

"You're not helping," Whitley said.

"I can't do much," Libby said. "But if you want to go, we can go."

"They said they're going to pick us up," Oscar said. "I guess we should wait... It could be dangerous."

He looked around. "Anyone could be an enemy. Apparently they were hired thugs this time."

"Then don't talk to anyone," Libby advised.

They all looked at her.

"You can't really suspect me," she said, offended. "I've been helping you for the last week. If I wanted to kidnap you, I'd have done it by now."

"Apologies," Penny said. ''But we hardly know you. And anyone could be a spy."

"I'm not a spy, you tin can!" Libby said rudely. "I don't have to listen to this either! You want to be on your own, then you can be! Don't let me make you uneasy! Blighter!"

She shook a fist at them.

"All right, calm down," Whitley said. "I don't think Libby is a spy--she's too harsh and uncultured to pull it off."

She gave him a look.

"I didn't really think so," Oscar said. "But how did they know where to find us all?"

"I didn't know where to find the others," Libby pointed out.

"I meant there could be more than one person following us around," Whitley said. "But we won't improve our chances by leaving. Some of these people must at least be legitimate."

"What do we know about their parents?" Libby said oddly.

Whitley slapped his forehead.

"I don't get it," Penny said. "But I still think I should go. I don't think they'd want to kidnap me, so it should be all right. I will return!"

She flew away.

"Penny!" Pietro cried, then he sighed. "Well...here's your cane, Mr. Pine. I hope my girl is all right."

Oscar took it. It felt heavier now. But that was okay, it had always been a little on the light side for him. It felt like it might do more damage now. [Say what you will, but a cane was always a stupid weapon without some other modifications. It's pretty hard to kill someone with a cane even in the real world unless you hit them in the head, and in Remnant they have Aura, making it even more impractical. I think an upgrade was long overdue.]

"Well, since we have nothing better to do, show us what it does now," Whitley said.

"I'd like to see it," Libby said.

Oscar wasn't much in the mood for showing off...but had nothing else to do either.

"Well, I wanted to keep the integrity of Ozpin's old weapon so I could use the kinetic energy still," he said. "But I figure I can't rely on it, so I need something else to help."

He presented the cane--which now had a hard metal shell around it that would hurt more. Pietro had also put some vine-like designs over it, making the grip a little easier.

"So the head has a gun in it now, per Ruby's suggestion," he said, kind of sadly. "If I twist this little lever here."

The top of the cane twisted around into a short, pistol-like gun.

"Then if I turn it the other way, it becomes more like a metal- bladed tip, so it becomes a spear," he said.

The spear stuck out in the shape of a snake head coming out of the vines, with leaves framing the base for more of a handle.