[8] triggerfinger

En başından başla

Rick rubbed his face, "they drew on us." The rest of us held our breaths. 

"Dave and Tony in there? They alive?"

"No." Rick answered.

"They killed Dave and Tony."

"Come on, man, let's go." The other urged. 

"No, I'm not leaving. I'm not telling Jane. I'm not gonna go back and tell them that Dave and Tony got shot by some assholes in a bar."

"Your friends drew on us!" Rick snapped. "They gave us no choice! I'm sure we've all lost enough people. Done things we wish we didn't have to, but it's like that now. You know that! So let's just chalk this up to what it was-- wrong place, wrong-"

We ducked when the window Glenn was in front of was shot out. Rick started to shoot back. "Get out of here! Go!" I went over and joined him. "JJ, go!"

"No, I've got your back, remember?" I told him, leaning against the door, "Plus, I'm a better shot than you anyway."

They started to open fire, so Hershel and Glenn didn't make it out the back. Instead, they grabbed Tony and Dave's guns and hid behind the bar.

"We all know this is not gonna end well! There's nothing in it for any of us! You guys just- just back off, no one else gets hurt!" Rick motioned for Glenn to make a run for the back. 

We heard another shot. "Glenn?" I called. 

"I'm all right. I'm all right."

Rick saw the opportunity to run over to Hershel. "I'll hold 'em here. You cover Glenn." Rick told him. "See if you can make it to your car." The two slowly stood up. "tell him- tell him to pull up back, we'll run for it. Get the hell out of here."

"You want me to cover Glenn?"

"You missed all that gun training. Really could've come in handy now."

Hershel loaded the gun, "Nah, I can shoot. I just don't like to."

"What about me?" I asked my brother.

"Can you cover me?"

I nodded. 

We heard shots from the back, so we ran. "What happened?" I asked Hershel. 

"He fired. He must've hit Glenn. He's behind the dumpster. Doesn't look like he's moving."

"New plan. Rick, you cover me." I said, staying alert as I inched my way to Glenn. "You hit?" He didn't answer. "Are you hit?"

"No." He shook his head, gripping the gun. "No."

"It's okay. The car's right there. We'll be back home in no time." I comforted, seeing his panic. "You good?"

"I'm good."

When Glenn and I started to move, we were fired at. 

"Get back!" Rick shouted at us. 

There was a guy on top of the building from across the street. A Jeep pulled up and the driver motioned for him to come on. "Roamers are all over the place. Hurry up, we gotta get out of here!"

"What about Sean?" The guy from the roof shouted back. 

"They shot him. We gotta go. Roamers are everywhere."

"We're leaving?"

"Hurry up! Jump already."

He went for the jump but missed. All we heard was a piercing sound and screaming. 

Glenn put his head down, "dude didn't make it."

His people drove off despite his shouts for help. 

Rick ran across the lot, calling out for Glenn to get Hershel and for me to get the car. Me getting the car? That'd be a first.