I Was Bird Watching!

Start from the beginning

"Nothing, you just admitted that you liked him. And you can't take that back!" She argued before he could saying anything about it. "And about that, I'm sure it'll go fine. You shouldn't worry about it too much! He'll fall for your cute face in no time!" She encouraged, to which he smiled softly.

"Bakubae's gotta a crush!~" Mina sang happily. Katsuki tried to shush the girl. "Shut the hell up! He might hear you!" He whisper-yelled. "You didn't deny it~" she smirked even more, making the other boys "ooo". Katsuki felt as if he wanted to die right then and there. He had no clue whether the shorter male and his friends had heard that or not. These idiots were okay and all, but when it came to this, he wanted them to explode them off of this world. He didn't wanna risk anything with this friend he made. "For fucks sake, stop being annoying! We're gonna be late to class!" He felt his cheeks grow hotter and hotter by the second, the tips of his ears too.

"Chill, bae! It'll be fine, it's not like he's gonna reject you, Izu's literally head over heels for you!" Mina grinned. Katsuki wanted to believe the girl for a second, but it seemed like a legit dream. "Tch, as if. Don't tell me that stupid shit pinky, it's not gonna work." He mumbled. "Oh but it will! You just have to make the first move, that's all! We need plan Bak— I mean, It's so obvious you guys are pining over each other, and he doesn't seem to do anything, so it's up to you." She poked him.

"The whole damn reason he's not doing anything is cause' he's not interested." It was as if Katsuki was actually trying to find reasons that Izuku wouldn't like him. It just simply didn't seem possible in his mind. In his perspective, he's been calling him names, pushing him away, treating him like shit.. any feelings the greenette had for him prior to this was all gone at this point. No way would anyone like a person so calls them names, pushes them away whenever they got close... anything rude, basically. But that's how he was. After how he was treated in his previous schools, he had no idea how to treat a friend properly anymore.

"Try, Katsuki. I promise you won't regret it! Just open your eyes, and watch the way he behaves around you. If you did that, like, a while ago- you would notice his blushing, his stares, everything!" She encouraged, the rest of the group agreed, listing a few times they've caught the greenette do such things.

Katsuki just thought of it all as just a big coincidence. Whatever it was, his friends were probably hallucinating or something. "Yeah right.." he muttered. A part of him did want to believe it, really. But he also knew how much the greenette loved to make friends. And he probably does that to everyone.

If he doesn't end up with him —which is what mostly would happen—, he wanted him to at least be happy with someone else. Someone else worthy of him. Someone else who's good enough, and would make him smile all the time. Unlike him, who pushes him away every time he gets close to him. But then again, he didn't like the thought of this nerd being with anybody else. Dammit, he just wanted this to be over.

Lunch had finally rolled around, Katsuki and Ejiro walked out the classroom together."You got it bad for him huh, you can't lie to me man. I saw you stealing glances at him whenever you got the chance. Sometimes with some of the most lamest excuses too! Seriously? You saw a bird? You saw a bird so you looked at him?" Ejirou laughed, replaying the scene in his head.

Sometime ago in class, Katsuki had the weird urge to look at the greenette behind him, but he had already done so, like ten times already, with the most recent excuse being that he needed to "crack his back". It was literally just five minutes ago. It's okay, just one quick look and it'll be okay. He won't notice, it would be so fast that he wouldn't notice.

Okay, no, that didn't work. Izuku had actually caught him staring, dammit.

"Kacchan? A-Are you okay?" He asked, confused as to why Katsuki had been staring at him for a bit too long. Katsuki finally snapped out of it, and looked around for an excuse.

"Fuck.. uh, sky.. bird.. bird! Bird.. watching! I saw a bird, so I was fucking bird watching, damn nerd." Katsuki ran a hand through his blond hair, slightly nervous, trying to hide it.

"Wha- bird?.. bird watching? But- I'm not a bird, Kacchan.." Izuku scratched the side of his head. "Dumbass, I know you're not a bird! I just- I just saw somethin' on your face, that's all. It's a.. that spot thingy on your cheek." He pointed to his own cheeks to show the other male where it was on the greenette's face.

"You mean my freckles? Those are the spots on my cheek, Kacchan..—" The greenette was super surprised that the other male had just now realized he had freckles. Wasn't he even the one who pointed out that he had a heart on one of his cheeks with an outline of his freckles?

"...Tch, you're so annoying, stupid nerd." Katsuki just turned back, his cheeks were starting to feel hot and red, no way he'd let that damn nerd see that. He had no other excuses left, so what more would he say? Class was about to end anyway, he could sneak more glances at lunch.

"Shut the fuck up, shit hair. That was a great excuse!" Katsuki smacked the other red-eyed male's head. "Sorry, sorry, that was your best excuse? Nah bro, no way!" He continued laughing. "You sound so annoying when you laugh! Like a fucking beluga whale giving birth." But that didn't help, that just caused the male to laugh even harder.

The two headed to the bathroom for a quick stop, Kirishima had to fix his uniform a little, but little did they know, a certain greenette would shortly follow their way.