Well-Hidden (Neymessi)

Start from the beginning

Lionel was at shock. He didn't know what he was supposed to do, he felt like this was the end. Neymar couldn't just die so young..this can't be, thought Lionel. Tears welled up as he brought Neymar by his lap and cried, shaking him to keep the younger awake.

The team rushed in, circling around Neymar and immediately dialing 911. Neymar breathed heavily, gently clutching Leo's shirt, staining it with his blood. Neymar smiled, as tears rolled down his cheeks.

- "It's sad that I won't live to see your legacy,.." Neymar croaked, yet not uttering a word about his love for Lionel.

- "Shut up..you're gonna be fine N-Ney.." Lionel groaned, pulling Neymar into his embrace as Neymar lay there loose in his grip, fainting from the sudden drop of blood pressure.

Fast forward to the hospital. The doctors informed the team he'd be fine within a few months time, but he would have to continue to visit the clinic weekly to treat his wound after his dis-charge. The news was music to Lionel's ears, as he stared at Pique with admiration. Pique felt eyes on him, turning and noticing how Lionel seemed to bawl his eyes at him.

- "What's up with you dude?"

- "Nothing Ger..just wanna say..you were right, but also wrong."

- "I understand I was right, but where on earth was I wrong-"

- "When you said we're best friends,"

Pique grinned ear to ear, realizing that Messi had finally gotten the key to the puzzle. But there was something left, confess. Neymar wasn't feeling any less of a loner yet, so unless Messi would confess now after his sudden realization, the boundary would grow. And grow, until they'd forget about each other and vanish from their memories in prime.

It felt like a nightmare, and Messi didn't wish to face that, let alone imagine. He took a deep breathe, collecting himself to actually feel confident infront of Neymar. Now he realized how distant they'd gotten, Messi never felt nervous to talk with Neymar. But now he did, all because of..distance. Negligence.

But, he was fortunate enough to get Neymar saved. Neymar stared out of the window, wishing he'd just die. He found no point of living, and at this point, negative thoughts were engulfing him.

You're useless. He won't love you. You're not lovable. You don't deserve him. You'ra a nobody. Just die.

Neymar tearfully grabbed the knife left for cutting fruits by the table, situating it by his stomach. Luis opened the door, shocked. Everyone gasped as Luis sprinted and snatched the knife away, slapping Neymar.

- "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING??!!"

Neymar smiled weakly, as the tears continued to roll down. He was just too devastated from everything, now there was only one cure left.

- "LUIS!" Lionel's voice echoed, clearly laced with anger and worry. Luis groaned and eyed at the knife, then at Neymar. Lionel felt guilty, that Neymar was about to end his life for nothing but their seperation, their distance.

- "Ney..."

- "Is there any use now, Leo?" Everyone had left the room by now, giving the two some space. The team knew they had a lot of to catch up with, judging by the situation.

- "I'm sorry..."

- "Why.." Lionel remained silent, taking a seat beside him and taking Neymar's hand in his, kissing on the knuckles with love.

- "You know I'll forgive you, don't you?...that's cheating you know..." Neymar added, his voice tired, groggy, and mostly weak and worn out. It has traces of the nights he cried, craving for Lionel.

- "But I love you..so it's not cheating, is it?"

- "Leo.."

- "Please Ney..I'm sorry..I don't love Anto, I love you. Please don't leave me behind...I'm really s-" Neymar surged forward and placed a gentle peck, his chapped lips brushing over Lionel's wet ones. He pulled back, smiling and brushing hus thumb finger over Lionel's hand.

- "It's crazy how I was about to suicide seconds ago, got slapped by Luis, and you're confessing now, and I'm accepting it all despite of everything. Isn't that amazing?" The sorrow was clear in his glistening emerald eyes, which were longing for love. But now, it was time that he gets his share of happiness back.

- "You're so strong for holding on for ke for so long, Ney..I love you.."

Silence followed. Neymar hesitated to say it back, all the memories from the past month flooding in. But love overtook him, reminding him, at the end, love wins. Neymar smiled and decided to end this on the better side, for his own good, and also Lionel's good. He loved Lionel more than anything, so this spoke for it.

- "I love you too,"

________________

Sad but pretty nice tbh- lol. The plot was a bit more different when suggested, but I changed it because Idk why. I just don't know. I realized I wasn't typing the proper plotline more than halfway through, so I kept this. Thank you for understanding. Enjoy bbs :)