Bucky?

It has been a month since I joined back on field but the entire month was a huge pain in the ass. US State Secretary, Thaddeus Ross, had come over to the compound and vented out his frustration over the Lagos incident. The Stark Relief Foundation had covered up most of the things but he needed some action to be done against us. He blamed me and Wanda for it, considering we both had a past with HYDRA, and wanted to put us in the Raft. Luckily the issue was resolved after a few bargains and it was decided a court mandated therapy for me and Wanda and she was ordered to stay off field for a while. I had rested for three months and had behaved well so I was allowed due to my regular therapy sessions. So here I was sitting in the quinjet along with a few trained agents as we headed back home after our small mission regarding illegal selling of weaponry. The agents chatted among themselves while I was looking through the files and adding the necessary updates on the mission. It went great, a few of them took blows but it was nothing much. Luckily, no one had died. My phone buzzed in my back pocket so I took it out and saw the face of my favorite blondie who had a cheeky smile on his face. "Hey punk" I answered. "Hey, how long for you to come home?" "An hour or so. Why'd you ask?" "Nothing much, just wanted to check in. Can't I deserve to know what my best friend is doing? *gasps* I'm hurt, Dvorvak." I chuckled, "Suck a drama queen. When are you coming back?" "In two more days." "Jeez, must be a huge mission." "It is. Well, text me when you land." "Sure. Bye, тупой (stupid)." "Wait, did you just call me a bitch-" I cut him off by cutting the call. 

After an hour of the smooth flight, me and my tact team got down and seperated our ways after some talks. I headed to the Avengers' side of the building. I quickly texted Steve that I had landed. "Gather around glorious people and feast your eyes on who has entered!" I announce as I walk into the living area. Everyone except Steve and Sam had been there. "You seem to be in a good mood. How was the mission? No wait, you had them all?" Tony squealed in excitement. "Wait what was the mission?" Nat asked as she looked up from her phone while everybody except Tony looked confused. "Omg. SHE RECOVERED STARK'S ILLEGALLY SOLD WEAPONS!" Rhodey exclaimed from next to Tony. "WHAT?! That's awesome!" they all said. "This calls for a party!" Tony said as everybody groaned. "How about day after when Steve arrives?" he asked again. We all nodded, "That's better so day after it is." 

I headed to my room to freshen up and later changed into an oversized grey jumper and some grey running short tights. I decided to sit in the lawn with my art materials and draw random stuff. According to Kelsey, my therapist, it was a good method of recovery, to let out all thoughts. Tony had set up an art studio for me when she told him about it but today I felt like sitting outdoor. I didn't realize how time flew by as it became too dark for me to see my own drawing. Nat and Wanda had come by in the afternoon to chat and they talked about well, BOYS. Nat had Bruce and Wanda liked Vision. They had grown close with their men and were always so cute. Nat had been trying to set me up with some SHIELD agents but I didn't particularly like any of them. They seemed to be trying too hard. There had been one guy, Miguel Diaz. When I was yet to join back on field, I had occupied myself with paperwork in the workspace along with other agents for two months.

Miguel would always chat with me then. Sometimes, he would even leave small notes on my desk or between the files that would make me smile. It was helping in making me come out of my depression. Then one fine day, he asked me out for an evening in the park. He was a good guy but with me still coping up from my recent episodes of nightmares and therapy, I feared he'll stop talking to me. And I was right. I didn't hold back from telling him about my instability and constant guiltiness. I didn't wanna lie to him only for him to learn about it later and break apart completely. He pulled back his emotions and kept some light conversations from there after until, he left me alone. It was no shocker, I had expected it to happen but after him, there had been a storm of other guys trying to talk to me. Guess, he didn't disclose my secrets after all. 

It had been dark so I lifted up my set up and walked inside the compound only to be welcomed my the aroma of freshy cooked soup. I used my powers and floated myself to the kitchen. "That is something from a different world, Wanda", I said which made her smile. "Thanks. I didn't think you'd join us since you were still out." "Yeah, but it became too dark for me to see", I said as I rubbed my neck nervously. After sometime, others joined in too as we ate the dinner comfortably with the chatting and occasional jokes. I helped in cleaning up along with Bruce. "Hey, I heard you got in the weapons. Congrats on the success." he said shyly. "Thanks, doc" I replied with a smile. "So your powers, how you controlling them?" "They have been increasing everyday but I'm trying to calm down my emotions. Therapy is helping." "That's good. I heard about your um bathroom incident- I'm sorry I shouldn't have brought it up-" "It's fine. Don't worry. I'm past it now, everybody has helped in the recovery but there will be a part of me that will hate myself for that day." "Why so?" "I couldn't give Rumlow a taste of his own medicine. He died too easily. He, he escaped his fate. But there's nothing I can do about it." "It's okay to feel like that. I still regret the day I lost Betty. We don't always get what we want. That's, that's how life is." "Unfair to all?" "Doesn't that make it fair?" he smiled lightly.  We continued with our work with some science related conversation and then later headed to bed. 

I dressed into some comfortable sweatpants and shirt while I opened up my hair from the bun I had on since the morning and later, dived into my bed. I was getting used to its fluffiness and it was comfortable after all. I had been sleeping well till I heard some commotion from outside. The window in my room would always be kept open. I got from my bed and walked softly towards the window and saw a quinjet landing on the lawn. We never land the jets anywhere in the compound except on the hangar. I put on my knife belt and quickly went downstairs through the stairwell. I hid myself behind a huge vase in the hallway. Lights in the living room had been turned on but it was still dark. I saw two figures setting down a third one on the couch while one of them walked away towards the kitchen. I sneakily walked to the back of the man. He had broad shoulders and a small waist.

I quickly caught his right gloved arm and pulled it on his back while he groaned a fell on his knees but caught me and threw me ahead. I stood up quickly and jumped on his neck and I rotated around two times to catch some momentum and made him fall. I sat up on his chest and was about to hit him when suddenly I heard a familiar voice asking me to stop. "STOP! Ana!" It was Steve but then the man under me took the chance and threw me aside. I gained my posture and held out a knife quickly in front of me. I froze in my place. I couldn't believe I was seeing him again. "Bucky?"