Chapter Fourty One

Bobby

🐺

     I was driving to White Wall with Angel, Ada, Marie, and Maze to go have family dinner. It had been three days since I learned that Maze had found her second chance Mate.

I must say I was feeling many things. Mad because I didn't want to see her hurt again, pained because she had been through so much and doesn't deserve to go through anymore, confused on why she had been Mated to a Beta again, and lastly nervous because if he was good for her like she said, that would mean she would be leaving.

I don't want my little girl leaving even if it is under an hour away. I want her to stay exactly where she is in her comfortable little cabin. Hell, I don't even want her in her cabin. I would much rather see her back in her childhood bedroom.

Sadly, I know that I can't be selfish. She deserves to be happy! If he is as good as she says he is, then I can't be the one to stand in her way of that. I'm meant to protect her and I failed once at that already. I want to meet this Beta Asher to get a read on him so I know I won't fail her a second time.

We pulled up to their Pack house and all piled out. Everyone, but the twins were waiting outside for us talking. When we walked up the stairs I wondered if Georgia and Mike knew about Maze's little Mate yet? Had she kept it from all of us besides her Siblings?

"How was the drive?" Mike asked as Conner went and talked to the girls and Ada.

I won't lie. I'm glad that Woman is not our enemy. I would much rather fight with her than against her thats for sure.

"It was good. How have you guys been?"
"Good. We're excited for our Luna to come home." Mike chuckled.
"She isn't here yet?"
"No, she is couple hour's out. She had some last minute affairs to take care of before moving here. Poor girl had to close her business." Mike shook his head sadly.
"I'm sure Conner would let her start it back up again here."
"They're talking about it, but he is being hard headed. I already told him to let that girl do what she wanted, but he was all Luna duties this and Luna duties that." He chuckled.

I heard Conner crumble under his breath, then Maze and Angel laughed. Ada just stood there staring at Angel..

"Anyways, let's get this dinner started." Mike smiled.

We all followed them to the dining room where for the past 5 years we have had family dinner once a month. When Maze moves will she still attend? Stop it, Bobby. Knowing Maze she wouldn't miss it for the world. Even if she did, the show would go on. This might have been started for her sake, but it became both Family's thing as we all grew closer over the years.

For dinner we had Georgia's meatloaf that I always loved except I will never tell anyone including her that. For sides we had mashed potatoes, green beans, and corn bread. Nothing beats cornbread.

Dinner was filled with smiled and laughter from everyone. Ada even smiled from time to time. I think she will warm up to everyone eventually. She just needs time that's all. The talking and laughing died down as Conner clanked his glass with his butter knife.

"Everyone can I have you attention? Maze would like to share something with you all." Conner said smiling to Maze.

She gave him a quick dirty look making me smile, then quickly smiled to Mike and her Mother.

"Mom.. Dad.. I have some news." She smiled.

It doesn't bother me that she calls Mike Dad now. If it did, I would be a hypocrite. She has called Marie Mom her whole life even after meeting Georgia. She is most definitely allowed to call Mike Dad. It never bothered me because I see how much he cares for her. He wanted her to get to know their kids before Georgia even voiced her opinion. I respect him especially for not turning her away for help before and after knowing who she really was.