FOURTEEN ~ ROTTEN REUNION

Start from the beginning

╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

Whistling a merry tune to himself, Gil stopped when the sound of crying drowned out his song. It was the sound of devastation. Rounding the corner, he rushed over to the little lump of blue.

"Oh, Eva." Gil whimpered, hating the state his friend was in.

Reaching down to touch her, he hated how cold her skin was under his hand. Scooping her up into his arms, the dirty blond covered her up with her jacket, attempting to warm her. Travelling the long way round to her apartment, he was relieved that he'd managed to avoid any resident of the Isle. Eva would hate for anyone to see her in such a vulnerable state. There were those that would exploit her weaknesses, reducing her to someone other than the strong, fearsome Princess she usually was. Gil couldn't handle seeing that happen to the woman who had always been a pillar of strength for him. Now it was his turn to return the favour.

Numerous times Eva had been there for him to talk to when his father got drunk and aggressive. So many nights she had comforted him, sneaking him into her room so he had a place to stay until Gaston passed out.

Carrying her up the numerous flights of stairs, he knocked on the door. Consequences be damned. Whatever punishment Uma dreamt up for this act of kindness, he would gladly take. No price was too high to pay when it came to helping the caring girl in his arms.

Cracking the door open slightly, Mal squinted suspiciously at the stranger until the light revealed Gil's grim face. Immediately taking the defensive position, Mal's hardened facade shattered at the sight of the unconscious girl in Gil's muscular arms. Yelling out for Evie, the daughter of the dragon knew there was only one person on the Isle who could cause the hiccupped breathing coming from Eva.

"Thank you for bringing her home, Gil." Evie said softly, watching as he placed Eva down on her bed.

He tenderly brushed a lock of hair back from her face before turning to leave. Whilst he didn't wish to leave his friend (he'd just gotten her back), he knew the VKs weren't comfortable having him there. Pulling the comforter up around her, Mal placed herself on one side of the girl, ready to chase away the nightmares.

"Can you- Can you just tell her-? Tell her-." Gil struggled to find the right words.

"The moment she wakes up, I'll make sure she knows you're the one who brought her home."

Thanking the blue haired beauty, Gil informed the VKs he had to return to the docks before his absence was noted. Smiling gratefully at the lovable pirate, Evie pressed a kiss to his cheek before warning him to be careful on his journey home.

Walking in silence, Gil wondered why Uma hated the group of VKs so much when they were so kind.

╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

Stood by her sister's side, Eva inhaled the fresh sea air, ignoring the concerned looks she was receiving from her sister. Both Evie and Mal had attempted to talk to their friend following the events of last night but, she had brushed them both off. She was supposed to be better than this. She thought she had finally stopped allowing her mother to have power over her. Being reduced to that sniveling ball was humiliating.

It wasn't that she didn't appreciate their concern, she was embarrassed. Horrified, even. The limo rolled to a stop and Carlos hopped out, moving to the boot in order to get the swords out.

"Lonnie!" Eva exclaimed, wrapping her arms around the daughter of Mulan.

"I made them bring me."

"I'm so glad," said Mal, taking her turn to hug the warrior's daughter.