- Chapter 15 -

Time Skip

I jump awake in a sweat. Honestly I'm surprised I even fell asleep in the first place. I've been sleeping a lot the past few days. I give myself a moment to regain my breath and then just sit there for a minute. I know that I won't go back to sleep so there is no point in trying. Instead I get out of bed slowly, trying not to wake Wilbur. I get out of bed successfully without waking him then look down to realize that I'm still in yesterday's clothes. Well I guess I just never changed. I wasn't necessarily shocked because it has happened a number of times in the past but it doesn't make it any less of a bother. I went to put my hand on my sword where I last had it and noticed it was gone. I look around the room and quickly find my sword alone on Wilburs desk. I sheath it and leave the room.

I keep quiet as I exit the van due to the floors being quite loud. As soon as I exit the van I take a deep breath of fresh air. I look up into the night sky feeling the most relaxed I have in a while. That relaxation doesn't last long because in the surrounding woods I hear a snap. My head darts towards the sound and I unsheath my sword. While technically it could just be a bunny or another animal I hardly doubt it because an animal wouldn't have just stopped. So clearly it had to be intelligent enough to keep still. I slowly approached the noise with caution, my sword held up ready to fight. Just before I get in reach with whomever was hiding in the woods they run. I quickly chase after them, dodging branches and hopping over fallen trees. The person I'm chasing is a little taller than me but not by too much. They are quite athletic too. They have missed a step once so far.

Though very quickly they come to a tumbling stop as they trip over a root coming from the ground. I quickly pin them to the ground holding my sword to the back of their neck.

"Who are you and why the fuck were you spying on me." I say with a tone.

They remain silent.

"Ok look either we do this the easy way and you tell me who you are, hey maybe I will let you go without a fight. Or we do this the hard way and I kill you." I deadpan.

They contemplate their options for a second even though it seemed like a pretty easy choice.

"Get off me." They say quite angrily.

Though it takes me a second I do end up recognizing the voice.

"Really bandana man?"

"My name is Sapnap now shut up and get off of me." He says starting to get louder and more pissed off.

"Look I would be a bit nicer to the person who is currently holding a sword to your neck." I replied.

"Like you could actually kill me." He said, trying to call my bluff. Unluckily for him, I wasn't bluffing. I dig the sword further into his neck and it starts to bleed.

"Alright alright alright, please get off of me. No one needs to die, ok I'll tell you anything." He finally gives in.

"Good." I started blandly and I proceeded to get up off of him and drag him to his feet. I throw him into a nearby tree and he stumbles a bit. "Why the fuck were you spying on me."

He takes a minute then ultimately starts talking. "Ok first of all I wasn't spying on you-"

"Then why were you outside of L'Manberg?" I interrupt.

He glares at me. "If you let me finish then you would know."

I roll my eyes then gesture for him to continue. He smirks a little then starts talking again.

"Ok I was supposed to meet someone out here but they were a bit late so I went a little closer to try to see where they were. That's when you heard me."

"Who were you supposed to meet?" I ask him.

He pauses and looks around trying to avoid the question.

"Look Sapnap there is no one out here to help you so tell me what I want to know and I will let you go." I state.

"Alright fine I was supposed to meet with -" Sapnaps voice gets cut off by a much louder voice.

Now what do you think your doing

Now is not a good time-

You never think it is a good time. But soon you will learn that.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Before I can get an answer my vision starts to fade to black as the voice takes over.