- Chapter 2 -

I walk over to where he laid on the ground, a little confused as to why he hasn't gotten up yet. I offer a hand down to him to help him up. He looks at me with a large grin and grabs my hand. Before I could process what was about to happen he pulls me down and I land in the snow to the right of him. He laughs while I groan a bit and I roll onto my back. I chuckled a bit before joining him in looking at the stars.

"I'm going to miss you Will." I say turning my gaze away from the stars.

After I said that Wilbur looks at me with a slightly confused but mostly sympathetic expression on his face.

"I'm going to miss you too."

After Wilbur spoke I pulled him into a hug. I don't really like physical affection so at first Wilbur was shocked but quickly warmed up to the hug knowing that it will be a while before he gets another. I bring my head towards his ear and whisper in a joking manner

"Time for bed Willum Soot."

He pushes me off of him, giving me a harsh look. I know that I push a nerve calling him his full name but it was to funny not to.

"You fucking bitch we were having a moment and you have to go and ruin it."

"You should know moments don't last long with me Will."

He just scoffs and gets up.

"Just don't stay up too long ok." Will says going back to speaking softly.

"Yah, yah don't worry about me I'm fine. Now go to bed." I say as I shoo him off with my hands.

After we share one last look at each other I watch my older brother walk away into the warmth of the house. I lay back down and my eyes fall across the vast sea of stars. Suddenly, I'm reminded of a past memory.

Flashback

I drag my friend across the house, holding their hand.

"Come on, you slowpoke we are going to miss the sunset at this rate." I say as I drag him to the front door. I hear a low chuckle come from my friend as I continue to drag him to the front door. Right before we make it there my dad stops us.

"And where are you two going?"

"Don't worry Dad we are just going to watch the sunset. You know that one place I always go to." I answer my clearly worried Dad.

"Oh, ok. Just don't stay out there for too long and make sure you have your sword with you."

"I've got it. Stop worrying so much."

"I know just-"

I don't hear the rest of what my dad says because I have already ran out the door. One hand holding my sword, the other holding my friend's hand.

"You know I can walk right. You don't need to drag me."

"I know, you're just so slow." I say right after letting go of his hand.

"I'll race you to the field."

After my friend challenges me I don't wait to respond and instead start sprinting to the field.

"HEH!?!?"

I hear my friend yell out in confusion. I chuckle a little to myself but continue focusing on the race I was currently in.

I continue to race through the woods. The racing sound of footstep never falling silent behind me. After a bit I finally see the big open field. Right before I make it there a flash of pink flies past me making it to the field before I do.