8

Carly's pov
________________________________

"You don't have to be nervous, Carly. I'm giving you one more chance to tell me the truth." Powell said.

We had changed settings and were currently in his office.

He let me borrow a jacket, so I was wrapped in it as I looked around his office.

"Carly."

I looked back at him and he was desperately waiting for any sort of answer.

"I've told you everything I know." I said.

He sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Clearly that's not true. I've tried to level with you, but I'm starting to get upset. You don't want me to get there."

"Look, I don't know what it is you're wanting from me." I said, frustrated.

"You did know Billy Hargrove and you lied about it to protect him when he has serious accusations against him. If he's declared guilty, you may not get off scot-free for not being honest."

I didn't care about anything he was saying. Nothing made sense anymore in my head and I was tired of going through this.

"I didn't know Billy went to his hotel. I didn't even know he actually ended up in a hotel." I said.

"Now that's a start. Why do you assume he beat Donnie up?" He asked.

"I don't really know for sure. Billy had came by last night a little bit after Donnie left and he noticed the bruising on my face. I really didn't want any confrontation. I ended up lying about how I got them just to avoid it, but he must of seen right through it." I explained.

Powell began writing all of this down.

"I'm gonna let you go. I have a few more things to figure out. I'll give you a call later." He said.

"What about Billy?" I asked.

"I don't know right now. He could be in here for a little bit."

  "I'm not leaving without him." I sternly said.

He looked up from his desk and thought about what to say next.

  "Are you involved with this guy? Does he have something on you?" He asked.

  "No."

  "Then why.."

  "Forget it." I cut him off, getting up.

  "Why don't you just go home and get some rest? I'll be in touch." He said.

I rolled my eyes and scurried out of the police station, hoping I'd even get a glimpse of a Billy on my way to the exit.

I didn't which made me feel worse.

I stood outside and took a deep breath so I wouldn't completely lose my mind, but Nancy had been out there waiting for me.

  "Carly! Get in!" She yelled, partially sticking her body out of the car.

  "What are you doing here?" I asked, entering the vehicle.

  "I heard everything. It spread around like a wildfire." She explained as she began to drive.

I didn't really have a response, so I just looked out the window like I usually did in car rides.

  "I'm sorry. I had no idea you were seeing Billy." She said.

  "I wasn't."

  "Carly, it's okay.."