6

Carly's pov
___________________________________

"Donnie?" I asked quietly.

He stood up and pulled me into a hug.

"God, it's really you." I said, practically crying tears of joy.

"I'm here, babe." He replied.

I clung tightly to him in an embrace. Everything that seemed to have been going wrong suddenly vanished.

In this moment, nothing could hurt me.

He leaned down and we exchanged a long, passionate kiss.

Tears streamed down my face and he gently wiped them away.

"Why are you crying?" He softly asked.

"I don't know," I hesitated, "I've been overwhelmed and trying to keep it together. I just can't believe you're here. How are you here?"

He put his hand on my face and smiled.

"Your mom had it arranged. She said you've been feeling blue, lately." He said.

I couldn't believe how selfless she was after everything we'd been through.

It meant the world to me.

"How long will you be here?" I asked.

"Only a couple of days because I have to get back for work and college, but we can start being more efficient with planning stuff for the future and working around both our schedules." He assured me.

It was good enough for me. I honestly would of done anything for just a second with him.

"You're probably exhausted. We can crash if you want to, then tomorrow I could show you around. There's not much to see, though." I said.

"That sounds great." He smiled.

We made our way into the house and into my room.

My dad always liked Donnie, so he didn't have an issue with that, surprisingly.

We both got situated and laid down, facing each other.

I just took in his facial features in awe that he was really here.

"You're so pretty. Even prettier than the last time I saw you." He said.

It was so corny, but I let out a laugh anyways.

I missed the way it felt to be genuinely happy.

"If you get too warm in the middle of the night, it's no big deal if you take your shirt off." I said.

"That's okay." He replied.

He usually always would sleep like that regardless of the temperature, so the decline was new.

I didn't think much of it, though.

After rambling a little longer, we drifted off into sleep.

It had been a long day for us both.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Billy's pov
the next morning
___________________________________

Lighting my first cigarette of the day, I sat up in my bed and watched the clouds roll by out my window.

Just a typical morning.

Afterwards, I hit the shower and got dressed for work.

I didn't really wanna deal with it today, but I hoped it would go by fast.