4

Billy's pov
five hours later
___________________________________

Closing time hit pretty fast today, but it occurred to me that it was probably because of all the events that unfolded.

It didn't really matter anymore, though.

I grabbed my keys and locked the gates back up, making my way to my car.

I unfortunately wasn't alone since all the girls were in the lot, blocking my ride.

  "What's this powwow about?" I asked, slowly approaching them.

  "No powwow. We just wanted to thank you." Heather replied.

I had no idea what she was talking about, so I just briefly nodded at her statement.

  "That bitch had it coming," Linda said, "she's lucky I didn't rip her whole mouth off."

It finally clicked in my brain why they were so grateful all the sudden.

I laughed to myself.

  "I see. You guys are happy I fired her." I said.

They all nodded in unison, but they suddenly seemed unsure when my smile didn't fade.

  "I didn't fire her for your benefit," I said, lighting a cigarette, "I fired her because she's too good to be working with you sad excuses for women. Cow shit? Seriously? That's just weird."

It was like a pin drop.

Everyone stayed silent but looked offended at the same time.

I enjoyed it.

  "You're joking, right? You have to be, Billy." Heather said, crossing her arms.

I took another drag and gave her a smile with all my teeth.

  "Nope. Jealousy is ugly on you bitches." I said with a chuckle.

  "Nobody is jealous of her." Linda added in.

  "Oh, save it. You're probably the most jealous out of anyone here, Linda. You're pissed off that she's pretty. Maybe even prettier than you."

  "No she's fucking not!" She practically screamed.

I put my hands up in defense.

This is the most fun I've had all day.

  "People who aren't insecure don't leave feces in other people's lockers. I'll leave it at that. Now, move. You're blocking my car." I said, flicking the cigarette to the ground.

"He's probably off to go have sex with her since he's so protective of her all the sudden." Heather whispered to the others.

I rolled down my window with a huge grin.

"Sex, yes. Her, no." I winked, driving off.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Carly's pov
___________________________________

"You look so cute." Nancy said, smiling ear to ear.

I continuously looked at myself in the mirror at the red and black, floral patterned dress she had given me.

It went a little past my knees and was so tight it almost made me look flat chested.

Cute was not the word I would of used to describe this, but I kept it to myself.

"I don't wanna change the subject and make things awkward," she said, moving towards me, "but I saw you looking at Steve in the mall. Are you interested in him?"