5

Billy's pov
the next morning
___________________________________

I was looking forward to sleeping in for once, but I couldn't even do that with Max and her friend loudly laughing at eight in the morning.

I groaned as I sat up and accepted that it wasn't happening, so I just decided to get ready for the day.

"Max, hurry your ass up in there!" I yelled, banging on the bathroom door.

"Shut up, Billy." She responded.

I rolled my eyes and went into the kitchen to pass time.

Her friend was sitting at the kitchen table, picking at the sausage she had on her plate.

"Well, are you gonna eat it or just stare at it?" I asked.

She looked at me and then back down at the table.

"They're not Eggos." She responded.

"Yeah, they're better. Eggos is frozen, processed shit."

"Leave her alone, Billy." Max said as she walked in.

I watched the two of them interact for a second, debating if I wanted to ask what I was thinking.

I didn't have much time though since they noticed that I was still there.

"Do you like need something?" Max asked.

"Why did you guys go to Carly's last night?"

They looked at each other and then back at me.

"I don't know. Maybe because you were harassing us?" Max replied.

"Okay, whatever. What I'm asking is why her?"

"She said if I ever needed anywhere to go, I could go to her."

I clinched my jaw for a split second.

"So, in other words, you told her I'm abusive towards you and guilted her into letting you hide out in her house?" I asked.

"What? No. Bil.."

Before she could finished, I grabbed her arm and dragged her towards the door.

"We're gonna go over there right now and you're gonna tell her you were lying." I said sternly.

She pulled away and took a couple of steps back.

"I'm not taking back anything. You should think before taking out all your problems on me all the time." She said.

Insanely pissed off was an understatement about how I felt in this moment.

I moved closer to her, but with every step she continued backing up.

"You shouldn't be such a deceitful brat who runs off all the time. You're the reason for most of my problems!" I yelled at her.

"Oh, right. It's my fault Neil beats you up all the time." She shot back.

Without thinking, I charged towards her.

She began to duck but before I could even get closer, I was frozen.

I looked over at El who was clearly the one stopping me.

"Let me go." I said through gritted teeth.

She shook her head.

"Not until you calm down, Billy!" Max yelled, "why do you even care what Carly thinks? You've never cared what anyone thinks."