2

Carly's pov
___________________________________

I studied the blonde, buff boy as he walked over to the group of women.

They all had to of been married. Especially the one he seemed interested in. She had blonde hair with bangs and a half blue, half pink swimsuit.

I just rolled my eyes in disgust. Maybe this place wasn't all that different after all.

I tried to nonchalantly walk past them, but I felt all the eyes on me.

"Hey." He said.

I turned around and looked at him and the woman who happened to be glaring into my soul.

Still, I gave them one of those awkward half smiles.

"Hi." I said, rocking back and forth a little bit on my heels.

He smirked.

"Haven't seen you before. You must be Carly Clifton."

I nodded awkwardly and looked in the opposite direction.

I wasn't good at interacting with people. I don't even know how I landed this job, honestly.

"Sorry, sweetheart. Cat got your tongue?" He chuckled, which made the other women react the same.

"No. There's no cat," I stated, in a miffed tone of voice, "just a douchebag."

I watched the stupid grin disappear from his face and it seemed like my cue to walk away.

I climbed up the seat and sat there.

A lot of people were swimming today and I tried my best to stay focused, but I still kept slightly looking back in his direction as he continued his conversation with the lady.

She eventually packed up her stuff and left, drawing his attention to me and he did not look happy.

I sighed as he walked towards me and made a notion with his hand indicating that he wanted me to come down.

I really didn't want to, but I did anyways.

"What? I have people I need to keep an eye on." I said.

He clenched his jaw and looked up and around.

"That was pretty bold of you to say back there, wasn't it?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes and let out an insincere chuckle.

"You gotta be kidding me. Did it really hurt your ego that much you had to order me off the chair?"

He got up in my face a little closer and huffed.

I looked back at him with just as much force.

"Listen here," he started through slightly gritted teeth, "this is my domain and not you or anyone else is gonna come in here and try to make me look bad."

I stepped back and cringed at his cigarette smelling breath.

"Looks like you do that all on your own." I said, turning around to get back to work.

He angrily watched me resume what I was doing and put his hands on his hips.

I tried really hard to avoid his gaze, but it was like deja vu.

"I said what I said, Carly. Keep that in mind!" He yelled up at me, turning to walk away.

"You sound like my dad." I replied with a laugh.

It stopped him in his tracks, but he didn't retract and continued to slip away into the employee lounge.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Billy's pov
seven hours later
___________________________________