62: The Meet Up

Jake's POV

I scanned the dark road for anyone suspicious. My eyes met a bush accross the road, as I was looking at it farther, the bush suddenly wiggled.

That's odd.

It wasn't even windy and it wasn't a natural wiggle. It's like, there was someone there.

I crossed the road, with my eyes still peeled to the bush. "Jake! Where are you going?" I heard Mika from behind.

I ran to the bush as it wiggled more harshly. "Who is this?" The bush was now in front of me. I spread open all the vines to see what I wasn't expecting.

"Meow." A stray cat looked at me confused on what I was doing there.

"Oh." I stood up and scratched my nape. "Sorry." I apologized to the resting cat and headed back to Mika.

Uhm, that's embarrassing.

"What's wrong with the bush, love?" She asked. "Uhh, there was a cat. Thought it was someone." Mika burst into laughter as she looked at me.

"I guess you're more paranoid than me." She said.

Timeskip

"God, i'm trembling." Mika said as she sat down the chair.

We arrived at a fancy restaurant where Mika will finally meet my parents.

I tucked her straight hair to her ear. "Don't be too nervous, love. You'll be fine." I chuckled.

I am wearing a blue polo shirt while Mika is wearing a pink off-shoulder dress. We looked like parents who were about to find about their baby's gender.

Suddenly, Mika tapped my shoulder. I looked at him and hummed, "hmm?" She looked possessed.

"Is t-that your mom?" She looked passed my shoulder. I avert my gaze to the back where the entrance of the restaurant was and there I saw my mom wearing a a white fitted dress.

"Mom!" I stood up and approached her. I gave her a kiss and she gladly returned it.

"Where is your girl, baby?" My mother asked.

I gave way for her eyes to see Mika who is currently standing with an obvious nervous smile painted on her face.

Lol.

Mika's POV

I wanna die.

My breath stopped as Jake exclaimed and approached his mother who is looking like someone who could buy your whole existence.

I stood up as well and smiled. Well, a trying hard smile.

My knees were shaking and I felt my hands sweating even though it was cold in the restaurant.

You can do this, it's just meeting with Jake's parents. It's nothing- no but they will become my in laws some- God Mika calm down.

My thoughts were interrupted when Jake's mom looked straight at my eyes. Fuck.

She smiled at me along with her eyes and waved at me.

I waved at her also and soon she was approaching the table. I can see Jake fluttering his eyebrows at me as he was behind his mother.

"You must be Mika?" His mother spoke up.

"Good evening ma'am," I bowed to her. "I am Mika, it's a pleasure to meet you!" I shook hands with her.

"Now I see how Jake fell in love with you dear, you're so pretty!" His mother complimented me.

"You too ma'am! Your stunning!" I returned as we sat down.

Jake turned his head on the door, looking like he was finding someone. "Mom? Where is dad?" He asked.

"He had an appointment with his doctor. I made sure to check him up as he was pretty off these days." His mother said.

"Aww, too bad, he can't meet Mika." Jake said in low tone.

"It's okay, Jake. Your dad's health is the priority here plus, there's always a next time." I assured Jake.

"Anyways, what do you guys wanna eat? I'm starving." His mother said.

"I want some steak." Jake answered. "How about you darling?"

Uhm....

"Anything will do, ma'am." I just said as I'm too embarrassed.

"Enough of the ma'am. You can just call me mom. You're gonna be my daughter soon anyways." Shit.

"Mom!" Jake whined at his mother.

"Well, it's true. And I don't want her to be uncomfortable. You can call me anything you want." She said, smiling.

"Okay, uhhhh, m-mom..." I hesitated calling her mom.

"That sounds divine." His mother joked.

Soon, the waiter arrived and got our orders.

"Speaking of mom," Jake's mom sipped her tea. "Mika, I heard about your parents and I feel sorry for everything you've experienced." She held my hand across the table.

I just smiled at her. "What happened to your dad?" She asked me.

I felt a stab in my heart as I tried to reminisce those dark memories.

"Well.... since then, I didn't care about him. There was a time where I wanted to see him. I searched for him. However, I didn't see any trace of him left, he wasn't in any lists of people so I assumed he was already dead. I heard he was in prison when he died."

I felt a drop fell on my cheeks. I quickly wiped it. "Aww, don't cry." Her mother said. "On the bright side, you'll have parents again and that is us." She smiled at me.

"Thank you, ma'am, I mean mom. I'm excited to feel what a parent's love is like again." I said.

"May I know what's your father's name?" She asked.

"Uhm...... Lee Jaehyok." I said.

Just then, the food arrived. Seeing all these fancy plates made me forget the situation as I widen my eyes and exclaimed. "Wow..."

Lobster, steak, cheesecake, salmon......

"Yah, Jake, these look hella expensive." I muffled my voice but enough to hear.

"Don't be shy, Mika. Dig in!" Jake patted my back.

"Thank you for the food!" I expressed my gratitude.

The three of us munched on our food through the night.

I was full not just with food, but also with laughters and fun-filled stories of Jake's mother.

"I like you, Mika. For my son." She held my hand.

Jake and I looked at each other. He smiled and winked at me. I just tapped his nose and laugh.

"You guys look so good together. So...

"When are you having kids?" Her mother asked.

What the fu-

"MOM!!" Jake screamed.