15: Eavesdrop

3rd Person's POV

"Hey, can you please give this to Jake?" Mika handed her seatmate the jacket of Jake. "Why can't you do it yourself?" She replied. "Just please. Hand it to him." Mika desparately said. "Okay." The girl just nodded and stood up on her chair.

Mika traced her seatmate's steps, approaching Jake's desk.

"Hi Jake! Mika asked me to give you this." Jake looked at his jacket which is placed in front of him. Jake glanced at Mika and saw her quickly looking away after he moved his eyes to hers.
Jake looked back to the figure beside him. "Thanks." He grabbed the jacket and threw it inside his bag.

Jake's POV

Not my jacket. I wanted to give that to you. You're cute when you wear that. I pouted and sighed as I stared at the jacket. I can't focus on every lecture my teachers give me. Is there even a teacher in front of me? I didn't really know as my mind is too full of thoughts of her, Mika.

Timeskip

It was now lunch time as the bell rang, making the whole classroom up their feet and ran through the door. I glanced at Mika's desk and saw no one. I guess she already walked out.

The 6 guys and I are sitting on the cafeteria and it indeed was silence. It was really quiet. Not when Mika's here. Everybody was busy devouring their own lunches. Even the soup I'm sipping at reminds me of that dinner with her. But it tastes bitter and cold.

"Where is Mika?" Jay asked, breaking the silence. Heeseung and I glanced real quick each other as we know what happened.

"Don't interact with Mika. For now." Heeseung looked at everyone's eyes. "Why?" Ni-ki whined which made everyone look at him.

"She just needs space." Heeseung added. "Mind telling us what happened? She's been all down and gloomy earlier." Jungwon dropped his chopsticks on his plate.

We were quite hesitant to talk about it since Heeseung and I are also part of why she's like that.

Heeseung just shooked his head and drew his lips on a straight line, which made the younger understood it immediately. It's personal. As the oldest, Heeseung is very disciplined on how he takes care of us. The latters just nodded their heads and continued eating.

"Guys, I have to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back." I excused myself. Not really. I just want to see Mika. I ran straight to the classroom to see if she's there since she isn't in the cafeteria. I see no one. Where could she be?

I went outside the building and went to the garden. She isn't on the pathways, or even the benches.

I scanned the last bits of the garden and saw a black hair on the back of a tree. I walked closer and tilted my head to have a better look and it was her. I sighed in relief as I already found her.

But I quickly hid on a small bush on the opposite side of the tree as Minji and her minions approached her. I see them circling her sitted figure. Good thing I can still hear them.

"You are a good girl Mika!"

"But, if you even try to talk in my back."

"You won't like what i'll do."

"I saw you looking at Jake earlier tho. And I disliked that."

"Get your ass up and don't even try to spare a glance at him, nor the other 6 guys. I hate it."

"Better think twice or else you'll go bye bye to your scholarship."

I hear them laugh as they started walking away from the place.

I knew it all along. How could Minji do that? But first things first, I have to let the boys know.

Timeskip

We are now at Jay's apartment as we decided to settle down here to talk about what I witnessed earlier.

I turned the TV off with the remote beside me as I was ready to talk about it. "Ya, Hyung! Why did you turn it off! I was playing!"

"I can't stand it, your awful at playing. I'm better at soccer." I snickered at Ni-ki who is glaring at me evily.

"Stop now, Jake, what is it about you want to tell us?" Heeseung asked, making everybody shut their mouths.

"It's about Mika."

We are now sitting in a circle on the floor, waiting for me to start.

"Earlier, I went to the bathroom right? Not really. I was finding Mika."

"Oh! That's what took you long. Thought you had too much business in there." Sunghoon said which made everyone except me burst into laughter. I scoffed as a response.

"Hushhh, keep going Jake." Heeseung instructed as the giggles faded down.
Saviour Heeseung in the house.

"So about that, I found her in the garden, eating her lunch when suddenly Minji approached her and I eavesdropped the conversation. It was pretty muffled but I could hear Minji's voice mouthing out threats to Mika. And Heeseung hyung, you're right." I pointed at him.

"Minji blackmailed her."

"What do you mean?" Sunoo spoke up.

"Minji told Mika to stay away from us. And she threatened her that if she didn't follow her, she'll do something bad. She's talking about Mika's scholarship. And that's really important to her."

"Why on earth would Minji ask that?" Sunoo said with a judgy face.

"Sunoo, you know Minji's my ex and she's currently leeching off Jake. She did it out of jealousy." Heeseung replied.

"What a desparate bitch, I swear I'll take off her guts and play jump rope with her intestines." Sunoo rolled his eyes.

"But now, let's stay low for now. We don't want anybody to know about this. It's also for Mika's sake. Let's not interact with her in the meantime. Just at least keep an eye to her. Okay?" Heeseung said.

Everybody nodded as they thought of the plan.

________

Boring chapter for now, but I promise the next chapters will be more interesting! I'm sorry I can't update daily. I'm currently not feeling well. School's also starting in a few weeks so I really am working hard to finish this story as soon as possible.
Love lots!