43: King and Queen

Mika's POV

The lights turned on above us, my heart dropped to my stomach when I realized what position we have right now.

Shit.

We opened our eyes in sync and regretfulness glazed in our eyes.

I pushed him with my arms, widening the gap from each other.

My ears rang with murmurs and gasps as the venue went silent for a split second, witnessing us.

Jake's eyes met with mine and I can see how he is as nervous as me.

"Are they together?"

"They are kissing omg!"

"What a night for them!"

"They look perfect together."

I glance to the side to see the 5 guys with their phones in their hands, flashlights on.

Yes, they are recording us.

"Ooh! I guess they are destined to be the prom king and queen for tonight! Please come up the stage!"

I just looked down and started walking to the stairs beside the stage. I see at my back how he also followed me.

As I step in each staircase, I felt my breathes become heavier. My heart beated faster.

I arrived at the center of the stage. I felt friction beside me, Jake nudged my arm a little bit, trying ti say something.

Oh, I need to raise my head.

I slowly raised my chin, witnessing a spotlight shining the stage and a big crowd.

A person suddenly tapped my back, startling me a bit. It was the announcer.

"Congratulations!" He showed a beautiful tiara twinkling with its details and blue specs on it which makes it more elegant.

On his other hand, it was a white sash with a text "Prom Queen of the Night" with beautiful ribbon wrapped around its border.

He raised it up and I immediately lowered my head so he can insert it easier.

I tried to smile like something didn't happen earlier.

The crown was placed in my head and another person gave me a pretty flower bouquet with white tulips and roses.

"Thank you." I bowed to them and they proceeded to him.

He was also given a sash, crown and a bouquet.

"Congratulations Lee Mika and Sim Jake!" The announcer once again turned the mood up.

"Ms. Lee Mika, what do you feel winning the prom queen of the night?" He suddenly asked which made my breath stop.

He passed another mic which I hesitantly accepted.

I sighed heavily, calming myself down.

"Uhh.." I thought of what to say.

"It's a pleasure for me to receive this award. I didn't really expect this to happen. I am really grateful for this. I enjoyed today's party and leaving with this special prize really is fulfilling. Thank you so much." I managed to not stutter but I definitely was breathing very hard.

The crowd returned with applauses and cheers.

"How about you Sim Jake?" The announcer said.

I passed the mic to him.

Pass the mi- stop.

"I am glad to receive this title for tonight. This party has been fun and I definitely won't forget this night. Thank you!" Jake said.