"This is no use," huffs Alber. "I already know you're the one I need to protect!"

"Not like you have many to choose from here, it's only the two of us," grins the girl, making him blush again.

"I wouldn't choose anyone else," he states upsetly. "Lumen, we read the old tales together. You're the Sun to my Moon."

"I love how cheesy it is," she laughs but pulls her a little closer. "But we never know. Maybe there are more of us somewhere across the sea. These songs exist because our wings will always tell the truth. Hatred and sadness won't affect them, while they can hurt the hearts."

"I know," whispers Alber, stroking her skin with his thumb. "I wonder if that's what happened to our parents, so they left us here."

"We'll never know," shrugs Lumen. "But we're here together. That's enough for me."

She looks at him and smiles brightly again.

"You're my Moon, Alber. Nobody and nothing can replace you."

The boy pulls her back to his embrace tenderly, and hides his face in the crook of her neck, inhaling the scent of home.

"Then don't go to the Great Hall again without me," he trembles. "I can't lose you."

He stays silent for a moment and closes his eyes.

"I hear your song, so I must protect you," he shouts louder than necessary, making her chuckle again. "You gotta get used to that."

"You're seriously using this story against me?" laughs Lumen, her dark wings covering his figure sweetly after the boy nods.

"Then, let's protect each other, Alber," she smiles. "We're the last Lunarians, after all. You, and me."

.

.

.

Back in present

You breathe fast and thrill when you look down and see the endless depth under you.

King follows your gaze and scowls, then closes the gap and kisses you softly.

You close your eyes subconsciously and hold his hands stronger.

As he pulls you closer, your wings move calmly again, and you regain control.

When the Lunarian feels it, he lets go of you and leans back. He seems to be lost in thoughts, in a different time.

You never brought up his song again since he looked so hurt that first time.

He turned dangerous, so you stayed silent about it. And now, you search for anger on his face.

Yet, all you see is sadness.

"You said I can't hear it," you whisper, getting ready to him losing control. "Because I'm not her."

King doesn't answer, and his crimson eyes rest on your face for a few seconds. You have no idea what's going on in his mind.

You free your hands and fly upper a little, even if your movements are still unstable.

The quiet buzzing of the dance still calms your thoughts. You look up at the windows again, and now they feel so close.

You start to understand what freedom these wings give.

"Halfblood," he calls you, and you freeze as you hear this word. But somehow, it doesn't hurt as much as back then.