2 • 132 • 144

Start from the beginning

Green vines rose from the ground, waiting for his command to stab Noah and cut him to million of pieces.

"The sole reason why you could survive until this day is because of my mercy and your mother's wish. Otherwise, you won't be able to act this arrogant."

Noah was firmly aware of how cruel his father could be after he killed his own wife. But he had reached that far protecting Charlotte and he had ran so far just to find her. Wouldn't it be a shame to run away on his own, abandoning her when he brought her to the tower and to all this mess?

"Who the hell crossed the line from the beginning actually?" Noah asked him. "You are afraid to betray the promise you've made? Then what about your promise to my mother?! Is it not considered as a promise?!"

'Endure it.'

"STOP IT NOAH!" Charlotte shouted. She was aware that unlike him, there was no reason for the fake Christ to endure his insults. The sole reason why Celeste and Noah could survive that far was because of his mercy and his promise to their mother. But when he had it enough, he could just kill them easily.

But Noah still couldn't give up his rage. Not until he has learnt the truth about his father.

"Did I say it wrong?? Tell me! Do you even feel a little bit of remorse for killing mother?! Has your cold heart ever thought of the pain she felt?!"

'Endure it.'

"Don't you feel ridiculous to act like some dignified gentleman when you've already let someone down someone who cares you the most?!"

The man's eyes widened as he was reminded of a bitter memory and he gritted his teeth. He created purple chrysanthemum petals on the air and aimed them all to Noah.

"STOP IT!" Charlotte shouted. Even if she couldn't see, but she could still feel the abundant energy in front of her.

"You know how weak you are before of my strength," He said with a calm but angry tone. "Yet you try to annoy me again and again."

"DON'T HURT HIM!"

'What should I do?'

Green vines that he summoned trapped Noah in his place so that he wouldn't move. He was so angry with his words that he didn't even care for what he had promised with his mother.

'He's very angry right now because of what he said. With my current strength, let alone saving Noah, I can't even save myself. But if I don't do anything, Noah will lose his life!'

"If death wish is what you wish for,"

'What should I do? What's the way?'

"Then I'll grant that wish for you."

Right at the moment when he released the petals to kill Noah, Charlotte thought of an idea and immediately ordered her fan to return to her hand. She changed its form into a dagger.

Noah closed his eyes, prepared to die right there and at that very moment when Charlotte shouted, "IF YOU DON'T STOP, I'LL DESTROY YOUR DREAM!"

The petals stopped on their tracks. It was very close. When Noah opened his life, he noticed how close he was with the gate of hell just by seeing those petals. And when he saw Charlotte and the dagger near her throat, he was as baffled as the man for a moment.

"CHARLOTTE! HAVE YOU GONE MAD?!" Noah shouted from distance after he understood what was happening. "PUT THAT DAGGER ASIDE!"

The man frowned and glared at Charlotte, "Are you really that eager to die?"