2 • 132 • 144

Start from the beginning

And it was the same for Charlotte.

She was severely wounded, but she still fought against her exhaustion and pain. All in order to survive. 

He respected brave people and greatly despised cowards who could abandon even their dignities and family. For those who he respected, he will show leniency. But for those who he despised, only tortures await them.

"You don't have to look that depressed. I couldn't kill you right now," he said.

His words gained her attention as she lifted her head. Her expression was telling him, that she was searching for rays of hope.

"To kill you, I must wait for the perfect timing. There are several requirements you need to fulfill before dying to bring her back."

"What are those?" She asked.

He knew her intentions very well. She needed to know the requirements so that she can avoid that miserable path.

'But unfortunately, for the sake of your wish and dream, you won't have any other choice but to fulfill them.'

"One of them is this," he raised his finger and pointed it to the lotus. "This thing must bloom completely first for you to be qualified to die."

"You are saying......."

His words gave her hope, and a moment later, they will push her back to abyss of desperation.

"So if you don't want to die... then you shouldn't get stronger. You can't rise higher. You can only stay as who you are now, never strive forward."

'Only by living in present that she could preserve her life. But what about her friends and death waiting for the chance to pick them up?'

She began to laugh in misery, lowering her head again.

'She has no other choice.'

"It must be pretty amusing for you to see me this miserable right?" Charlotte asked. Her heart was filled with loathe to the one who set her up like this. "You clearly know that there is no way for me to stop moving forward."

'I'll die as well.'

All paths lead to death. Her dream to have a bright future was destroyed by the truth.

'My life belongs to myself?'

She laughed at the thought she once had.

'At the end, my life has always been on someone else's palm.'

His face was the same with the day when Noah's mother died. It was filled with pity. He extended his hand to touch her when a chrysanthemum petal passed in front of his fingers and stopped him.

He turned his head and looked at the person.

"LEAVE HER ALONE, YOU JERK!" Noah cursed him.

He had just arrived to seek for Charlotte. It was a good thing that the elevator was still working. He was searching for Charlotte only to find her holding her head in madness and desperation.

'How long will you inflict pain on me and torment me, father?'

When Charlotte heard his voice, she was startled and raise her head to the source of his voice.

"NOAH!"

"It's you again. You just don't know when to quit, don't you?" He asked and stood up to look at Noah. "Since you dare to come here, you must be fully aware that I am more than capable to kill you with a flick of my fingers, right?"