Forever and Always

Zayn has his warm fingers pressed lightly against his forehead, his breaths slow and steadying as he processes what you’re trying to tell him. “So you’re telling me that you miss me.”
You see the twinkle in his hooded yet mysteriously beautiful, brown eyes. At the mention of your name those dazzling irises always seem to shine with interest. “Yes,” you whisper quietly, seeing the corner of his lips twitch upwards into the slightest of a smile. “I miss you so much.”
“Good,” he sighs. “I’m glad we can be together now. Being away from you was too much for me.” 
Zayn’s mind flashes back to months ago, memories flooding his visibly drowsy conscious. That Christmas morning when he watched you open his gift while wearing a fuzzy white sweater; the vacation under the stars in Barbados when he held you in his arms and thought that in that moment, he could have married you right then and there. He chuckles, almost to himself, in delight. “What?” you ask, staring into those brooding eyes that always seem to be one million miles away, floating in his own subconscious.
“I was thinking about some past times we’ve shared…I can’t explain how difficult being away from you was. It’s kind of strange to think about it, but I didn’t really realize how much I wanted you in my life until you were out of it.”
You can relate to the statement. You reply, “Exactly. I’ve been waiting for us to cross paths again…I’m glad we have a fresh start.”
He closes his eyes and sees you two cuddling while watching a horror film. He recalls the day that you two failed miserably in your attempt to make an apple pie. You swore to him up and down that it would taste right - it was your mother’s very own recipe - but when the smoke detectors went off and you both very realistically considered calling the police, you knew it was an utter disaster. Zayn has too many flashbacks. He sees you all too clear all of the time. He never forgets about you, not even in his dreams when he thinks that maybe for a second he can forget about being away from you. And now that his opportunity to be reconnected with you is available, he jumps at it.
“So,” he says. “You want this?”
“Zayn,” you breathe dramatically, “Yes, I want this. I need you here with me.”
“Fine, babe,” Zayn says. He looks around him. The graveyard is empty and he suddenly feels foolish for talking to himself in this vast majority of emptiness. A light breeze rustles the too-green blades of grass around him, and he nods his head in confidence. “I’m coming to be with you now.”
He throws a bouquet of roses at the grey headstone with your name chiseled and etched into it with a certain degree as if to show that you were his own slice of perfection. Zayn takes out the bottle of pills from his pocket and begins sliding them down his throat, one by one, until he can be with his love forever.

___________________________________________________________

SURPRISE! Sweet ending eh? This was made by zlutmaliks on TuMbLr