CHAPTER 5: The First Pain

Author's pov

His head tilted a bit, breaking his sleep due to the jerking of the bus. He opened his eyes and the beauty of the nature make him stunned for few seconds.

It's Kashmir.

He looked at his side and find Sanjh sticking on his body like some glue and sleeping soundly.

He chuckled and wrapped the shawl on her little frame. He also tied her scarf properly to block the cold.

One month is over.

He is going to meet one of his father's business partner. He will safely send them back to their home.

The bus finally stopped. The passengers started to get down of the bus.

"Sanjh...wake up..."

He called her softly. She yawned and looked at the surrounding. Again her face covered with the same amusement.

"Where are we going Rudra? Are we going to that ice lake again?"

She is looking too much excited.

No studies, no worries, no scoldings.

She has enjoyed her life to the fullest in this one month. She has developed a permanent liking for Rudra.

Though he sometimes scolds her but after few minutes he asked for forgiveness.

Infact he is fulfilling all her demands. He never said no to her. Anything she is asking, he is fulfilling her wish.

She can do anything around him without any fear. She doesn't have to think twice before saying something infront of him.

They both got down of the bus.

Rudra booked a hotel after reaching the place. His father's partner will come in the evening and take them with him.

Dev never contacted Rudra in this one month. He just send his message through his men. Dev's men working in every part of the country.

The last message he received is everything is now under control and he can return now.

After getting inside the hotel room, Rudra make the bath for Sanjh. She entered the tub with a small towel wrapping around her body.

Rudra stood near the door by turning his head opposite while Sanjh started to play with the water.

Rudra is now habituated with this routine.

"Rudra....."

"Sanjh, be quick...."

He said little impatiently.

"Why?

"Because we are going home today"

Sanjh's eyes widened. She didn't say anything for few minutes.

Rudra creased his brow and turned his head towards her. This is very unusual of her to stop talking. She never stops talking.

"Now why this sad face?"

He asked coming near her.

Sanjh stared at him and smiled slightly.

"I don't know......i was happy with you....you are different from my parents and Mahi...you never scold me....you listen my every story with patience....you never make fun of me.....Can we stay together always like that?"

The way she spoke those words make his heart to sped up suddenly. He placed his hand over her head and kept on staring at her silently.

"But we have to return....i have many responsibilities......"