CHAPTER 2 - A pansy and his friend

"AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

A scream filled the early morning air.

"Get up you fool. Do you know what time it is?" Lyanna yelled after pouring hot water on Amari. Luckily, it wasn't scalding hot. Although it hurt, it didn't leave any damage. He looked up at her, shocked. Why would she do this? "Get breakfast ready. NOW!!" she boomed.

As soon as she left, he dried himself off and got to making breakfast. He went to the hencoop and got some eggs with Henriette's approval, of course. Henriette was an old chicken his family had. He practically grew up with her. She was older than Amari but still laid some good eggs. Quickly, he brewed some tea and fried an omelet with some sourdough bread on the side. With that out of the way, it was time to finish his other duties. Which was to launder all their dirty garments, sew and repair them, clean the drapes, empty chamber pots, wash all the plates, dust all the furniture, haul water for baths, light fires, tend to the garden, feed the animals, repair parts of the mansion's plumbing, roofing, fill the water barrels, and make sure Lyanna's fitting was a success.

The day was barely awake when he was trotting up and down like a little church mouse. As he tended to the garden and arranged the flowers as beautifully as he could, his mind drifted to a memory of his parents. A sunny afternoon where he and Isabelle would play and jump around as their parents conversed. Isabelle's older sister was away so it was mostly both of them. One would think they were siblings. He remembered how they all played and laughed. The smile on his father's face warmed his heart. Soon enough, his mind drifted to when his parents' carriage fell off a cliff after losing one of their wheels. Any child would have their hearts fill up with unimaginable joy at the sight of their parents returning from a long trip but seeing those same parents fall to their demise crushes their souls.

That afternoon, as he tightened the corset on Lyanna and desperately held his tears in, there was a knock on her door. "Isabelle?" he asked as he saw the brunette walk in.

"Someone's excited about the ball tomorrow. That dress is gorgeous by the way", Isabelle complimented reluctantly. She stared at the beautiful cream-colored gown with a huge green ribbon at the back.

"I know. I picked it out", She replied in the blandest monotone they'd ever heard. "This, dear Isabelle, is only the first of four different gowns for four balls. I shall be the belle of the balls. The apple to the prince's eye"

"Anything you say, Lyanna", Isabelle said sarcastically as she rolled her eyes. "I hear the prince might be choosing a bride during one of the balls. I wonder who the lucky girl would be", she continued.

"Me, without a doubt. Who else has the poise, elegance, refinement, and beauty as I? No woman is half as decent to be with the prince. No woman, except me", she narcissistically praised.

"All right", Isabelle began feeling confused and unsettled by Lyanna's self-praises. "Mother asked me to remind you that we'll be having your family over for dinner tonight. Seeing as the next four days would be very busy, they'd like to talk since you'd be riding in OUR carriage", Isabelle said menacingly.

Amari let out a chuckle as both he and Isabelle glanced at each other. The petrifying glare of Lyanna shut them up, instantly.

Lyanna hated the fact that they had to rely on the Rosegoodes for anything. She didn't want anything from her 'kind'. It makes you look desperate but desperate times call for desperate measures, she'd say to herself. This was their chance for a more luxurious life. As queen, she'd have hundreds of carriages at her beck and call." Have no fear. We will be there. Our presence would surely brighten things up in your home", she replied passively aggressively.

Ruby Locket : Midnight's Ballजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें