"Deku?"

That one word was what broke him from his long trail of thoughts. "A-Ah, Kacchan, hi, hey! I didn't see you there- what are you doing?" He started nervously, he spoke really quickly too. Almost flinching at the sudden call of his name.

"I'm practicing. What else would I do here?" Katsuki pointed out the obvious. "Erm.. I don't know, not... practicing?.." Izuku mumbled out, his voice echoed around the empty gym. Man, he should stop. He was making it really awkward now. "Tch, idiot." Was what Katsuki responded with.

Izuku cleared his throat. "Uh, so, where's.. er- everyone else?" He questioned. The greenette was now starting make his way over to the bleachers closest to Katsuki, to sit down. "Not here. Today isn't exactly a practice day, so no one came. But since I'm sorta new to this team, I decided I'd still practice." He shrugged, getting ready to shoot his shot again. "Just throwing it into the hoops?" Izuku asked.

"I mean, yeah, I don't have anyone else to snatch it from to make it fun. Y'know?" Katsuki through the ball again, but this time, it didn't go through, since he had his attention on the greenette sitting on the bleachers.

"I'll do it." Izuku spoke, after a moment.

"What?"

"I'll play with you. I'll play basketball." He got up, putting his backpack aside. "Y'know how to play?" Katsuki asked, bouncing it up and down with one hand once he got the ball back. "Well, yes, but also no. I haven't played in a long time, so I might need a refresher. But if you wanna make it more interesting, I can do it with you."

Katsuki almost didn't know what to say. This was a normal thing people do, people play with their friends all the time. But this... this felt different, for some reason. He gazed at the shorter male for a minute. So this is what having actual friends feels like? They would want to do things you like? They wanna spend time with you? If this was it, he never wanted it to end. But it was strange. He considered Mina, Ejirou, Denki and Hanta to be his friends, they do the same things with him. But for some reason, he didn't feel what he feels when he sees the greenette, or when he talks to the greenette, or when he spends time with him, it just all felt... different.

But, he secretly liked this type of 'friendship' they had.

"Alright then, I'll teach you, since your so weak, you can't remember it yourself." Katsuki rolled his eyes.

"You got it!" Izuku grinned playfully, he rolled up his sleeves, and paced over to the male, not minding the little insult.

"Do you remember how to dribble?"

"I think so, lemme see the ball." Katsuki handed it over to him. It took him a few tries before he could sorta get it right. "Cool, now shield it from me. Don't let me get that ball, damn nerd." Izuku nodded, and started dribbling the brown-ish orange ball with one of his hands, while the other, he used it to cover the ball.

Katsuki shuffled around Izuku, trying to time it out perfectly, and find the perfect time to steal it away. His eyes bounced up and down, from the dribbling.

Izuku could feel the blond on his back, he could faintly make out the touch on the male's warm breath just barely touch the back of his neck, which made the greenette shiver slightly. Katsuki took this as the perfect time to steal and get the ball back. So he did, and in no time, he had started dribbling it, the next few seconds, Katsuki had jumped slightly, the ball was one the air, and he shot his shot. It looked like it wasn't gonna make it in, as it circled around the hoop once, but it did.

Izuku had been rubbing the back of his neck as he watched the ball fly, and go through the hoop. "Woah.." he mumbled to himself. "That was too easy, try harder, nerd."