𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐞𝐦𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞. (𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒)

Emerald'gaze slowly wake up to see the light crimson sun. The bright dawn sky blinded his eyes before seeing two cats having a whispering argument. One is bold and the other is undead. He seen the tall lanky cat in front of him and screamed. 

"𝙈𝙊𝙉𝙊!?"

Dust'star and Bridget turned at Emerald'gaze, they both blinked. Emerald'gaze rubbed his eyes, he thought he was dreaming. "I-I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!" He said, he was actually horrified, but somehow happy. "Erm- It's a long-story, Emerald'gaze." Dust'star laughed awkwardly, Bridget gave a side eye. "First time I've met Oleander's brother, and he is surely an idiot." She said, Emerald'gaze looked confused, he was still shocked. "How- why...WHAT?" He said, Dust'star and Bridget looked at each other again. "Don't look at me..." Bridget growled, she walked outside to find some prey, and to avoid the awkward conversation. Dust'star sighed. "This may be confusing and all but...." 

Emerald'gaze seen Dust'star's unusual appearance, skinny and mattered fur. He also looked even taller than before. "Everyone thought you were dead, what happened to you from all those years you were missing?"  he asked. Dust'star felt really bad, he sat down in front of him. "I don't know how to explain this but...." Emerald'gaze cut him off. "A lot of cats have told us that you abandoned your family and went off with another she-cat, I just knew that was a lie, you never did anything like that didn't you?" He said, Dust'star's expression changed hearing a stupid lie. "What kind of lie is that? Comet must've been spreading rumors." 

Emerald'gaze froze, he remembered that cream-colored tom. And that time he first saw him was the cave where they stayed after the escape. "Comet?" He spoke. "I... haven't seen him that much. The only thing I remember vividly was the argument. However, he came back as an AirClan leader for some reason." He explained, Dust'star's eyes widened. "𝙒𝙃𝘼𝙏!?" He screamed, Emerald'gaze stared at him before backing up. "What?" Dust'star closed his eyes, calming himself down. He wouldn't try to lose his temper in front of his son. 

"Listen, I didn't leave you all, I was trapped in an endless void after being dropped from Comet. That day the cave collapsed was the last time we saw each other. I've came back to life for some things that I have to settle." 

Emerad'gaze looked down, but he looked at Dust'star and asked. "Does that mean you'll be with us forever?" He slightly grinned, Dust'star looked at his son. The shadowy figure that he met only gave him limited time to live, he is scared that he'll break his son's heart. He froze trying to think of something to say. "I... don't know yet, it's best we don't talk about it." He said, Bridget came in running into the den, panting. "𝙏𝙃𝘼𝙏 𝘾𝙍𝘼𝙕𝙔 𝙇𝙀𝘼𝘿𝙀𝙍 𝙊𝙁 𝙔𝙊𝙐𝙍𝙎 𝙄𝙎 𝙈𝘼𝘿, 𝙍𝙀𝘼𝙇 𝙈𝘼𝘿!" She fell on her belly, face flat to the dirt. "WHAT DID YOU DO!?" Dust'star yelled at her. "I WAS TRYING TO FIND SOME PREY AND RAN INTO THAT CRAZY WATERCLAN LEADER EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT!" 

"Oh, Lake'star." Emerald'gaze rolled his eyes. Bridget ran out of the den. "FOLLOW!"

They all ran to the hills and the small cliff seeing the Light'walkers. And then seeing a familiar cat that Dust'star used to be with. "𝙁𝙄𝙉𝙉!?" He said, staring the gray cat. "That 'charming' kitty-pet isn't the best leader, it's weird that he switched up after you left." Emerald'gaze said. "What has he done to the clan? 𝙤𝙧 𝙢𝙮 𝙠𝙞𝙩𝙨.." Dust'star's eyes glowed, thinking about his children and often worried that someone would hurt them. "Nothing never happened to them, he puts me in charge for taking care of them anyways. He must be mad because I've been out all night." 

The Light'walkers notice three cats peeking from above. They all duck down, the light'walkers kept on walking. Bridget peeked from the bush and growled under her breath. "I say we throw rocks at them; they'll get out of the way really quick." She said, Emerald'gaze groaned. "But then I'll get accused of just, disturbance or something. The clan is rough on me and the others." He said, Dust'star stared at him. "I say we get the kits out of his paws; I'm not letting that creature get in the way with them." He spoke. "I can take you all to escape at the cave where some rogues live, they're pretty welcoming." Bridget said, Emerald'gaze felt unsure about the idea. 

"I don't know about this; the entire territory will treat us like outlaws." he said. 

"Oh please, being on the run is way better, for future reference." Dust'star said, he noticed that the cats were gone, the three got out from the bush. "No time to waste, I'm getting my kits and go." Dust'star glared at both of the cats. "No being cowardly, and please, Bridget....don't cause a scene." He said, Bridget gave a frown on her face. 

As hours go by, they walk through the forest and enter the WaterClan territory. They made a plan on how to get the kits to safety. They hid into a cave, exchanging ideas, but there were all messy, and would get them killed of course. Emerald'gaze look up at Dust'star and Bridget arguing about something. 

"𝙒𝙃𝙔 𝘾𝘼𝙉'𝙏 𝙄 𝙏𝙃𝙍𝙊𝙒 𝙍𝙊𝘾𝙆𝙎 𝘼𝙏 𝘾𝘼𝙏𝙎 𝙃𝙐𝙃!?" She screamed at Dust'star, throwing a slight bit of a childish fit. 

"𝘽𝙀𝘾𝘼𝙐𝙎𝙀...𝙄𝘿𝙄𝙊𝙏 𝙏𝙃𝘼𝙏'𝙎 𝙃𝙊𝙒 𝙒𝙀 𝙂𝙀𝙏 𝘾𝘼𝙐𝙂𝙃𝙏 𝙀𝘼𝙎𝙄𝙇𝙔, 𝙒𝙀 𝙉𝙀𝙀𝘿 𝘼 𝘿𝙄𝙎𝙏𝙍𝘼𝘾𝙏𝙄𝙊𝙉 𝙊𝙍 𝙀𝙇𝙎𝙀 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙎 𝙒𝙊𝙐𝙇𝘿 𝙉𝙊𝙏 𝙒𝙊𝙍𝙆!" Dust'star yelled. 

"I could just walk into the cave and get the kits out easily. The fool's going to yell at me but it's fine..." Emerald'gaze said, they both turned around at him. "I mean-" Bridget blinked. "How will we meet up?" she asked. 

"It's clearly not that hard to go in the cave, take the kits, make up a lie, and then walk out. No need for dramatic plans, or arguments." Emerald'gaze said.

"We only have tonight to get the kits away, we'll have to get ready now." Dust'star said, sternly.

"If they end up attacking, can I throw rocks?" Bridget asked, she gave those shiny puppy looking eyes towards Dust'star. The lanky cat rolled his eyes. "Fine."

After they agreed with the idea, they quickly went to the forest of WaterClan territory after passing the wolf river. Dust'star and Bridget hid at the bush, while Emerald'gaze wait for them to appear. After seeing them above the underground cave, he walked in to see the leader already yelling at him.