eighteen.

_____ 🌊 _____

vi•rag•o
noun
a strong, brave, or warlike woman; a woman who demonstrates exemplary and heroic qualities.

_____ 🌊 _____

DREAD FILLED the clear waters, gunshots echoed through the metal ship. "I told you two this was a bad idea," Elyä spat hiding behind a wall, rounds ricocheted off the metal. Spider clinging to her, for once he was genuinely scared. "No time for chatter, shoot," Neteyam took Lo'aks gun seeing as he missed most of the shots.

Seconds, minutes, hours, months, it felt like as the two teenagers tried to shoot the avatars missing everytime.

it is a losing game now, all or nothing.

"Go!" Elyä yelled to Lo'ak and Spider pushing the boys as gun fire aimed at them, "dive go now!" She commanded firing at the avatars hitting the woman back, sometimes the past repeats itself, no matter how much you try to run from it.

There is no future, only fear.

Falling.

Falling.

Falling, into nothing but a messed up memory, the seconds before the world fades into nothing but darkness and old dreams.

"Nete, do you trust me?" She mumbled the gun nearly running out of ammonium, it was almost time to use her bow, it was all or nothing. He has to go and now.

"I trust you until the stars fall out of the sky, El." His accent thick, "well you're gonna hate me for this but, run, run right now and don't look back. I got this." Lyä explained the strength evident shining in her dark blue irises.

"I'm not leaving you here!" Neteyam yelled over the chaos, Lo'ak and Spider in the depths below waiting, fear tickling their spines.

"Just go! Please," She pleaded, it was her sacrifice, it was him or her the world would never be the same.

"Elyä—" He started, when she pulled out her bow, "Go! Now!" El yelled fierceness growing in her eyes like a forest fire, once it starts it will go on forever until you stop it.

She pushed Neteyam away making him drop the gun, he dove into the water, gun shots echoing, Elyä drew back her arrow, it was all or nothing.

"Let's get this shit started," She screamed jumping out from behind the wall shooting arrows anywhere she could hit.

Elyä dove into the water, not noticing the world fading around her, "Lyä!" Neteyam groaned, it was happening.

"Hey, Hey, I got you don't worry," She whispered, putting her hand over the bleeding wound not noticing the blood spilling out of her body, many shots fired onto her.

Elyä was gonna die as a hero, just the ancestors before her.

Adrenaline flooding their brain and vines, the lovers finally get some peace in the destruction of the world, Eywa had to take whenever she could get. It's the way of the world.

"Come on you two!" Lo'ak smiled happy to have everyone save and okay.

"You sxkwang we're shot," Neteyam groaned feeling Elyä tie a piece of cloth around his wound, "get us out of here, I can't keep him up forever," A mewl slipping out of her mouth in pain.