eleven.

_____ 🌊 _____

for • el • sket
noun
the euphoria you experience when you are first falling in love

_____ 🌊 _____

THE SOUND of girls chattering around Elyä as she stared into the unknown hoping for the world to stop spinning and her fickle feelings to rot away into some decaying corpse. Why did the warrior feel like this? why? just why? Pounded through Elyä not caring what her friends were talking about.

"What's wrong?" Ara asked her features concerned for the young forest warrior, "oh I'm good, I'll be right back."

She stood up going to get away from the crowd, "okay!" Ara yelled as Lyä ran off deep into the forest quickly giving no one time to stop her, the girls went back to finishing their necklaces and braiding seashells into each others hair taking in the mellow sun.

"Have any of you seen Elyä? My dad wants to see her," Neteyam lied while asking the group of teenage girls aching to see his best friend after she barely talked to him.

"She ran off we don't know where," Käyu said finishing the braid glancing at the boy.

"Thank you," he smiled at her nodding his head going to check the forest, knowing her she hides away feeling close to home.

Neteyam looked around searching for his best friend, "Elyä where are you!" He yelled looking around staring into the piercing sun his marrow soul aching to be near hers just once this week.

"Where do you think skxwang!" The strong warrior chuckled from up in a tree.

"What are you doing up there?" Neteyam yelled staring at her with a shocked grin plastered onto the oldest sully son.

"Just join me the view is amazing!" She yelled back the sun making the blue of her skin pop compared to the green leaves that stuck to her sweat dripping down her body, sticking to her but making Elyä look ethereal.

He laughed before climbing the tree, "what are you raving about?" The mighty warrior asked looking into her blue-green eyes hoping for an answer.

"Just look mighty warrior, look at the world really take it in." Her calming voice sounded into his thick skull not noticing her jitteriness, Lyä messed with the shells braided into her hair and clothing.

The ocean shined the sun telling a story with its kind tone holding you in like a hug.

"I don't wanna ask to many questions but why have you've been ignoring me? Are you in love with someone?" He rambled on his accent strong with concern and confusion glued onto Neteyams beautiful face.

"Hey, hey, calm down," the daughter of Tsu'tey mumbled rubbing his shoulder, the oldest Sully son leaned into her hand.

"I didn't mean to ignore you," Elyä said hugging him their bodies clinging together just to feel a sense of home, her home was with him. Not the forest. Not the ocean. Him.

"I just wanted to find myself," she told him cupping his cheeks smiling up at him, he blushed under her gaze.

Their breath mingled in the sunlight, their love strong enough not even the stars could handle it, she wanted to kiss him their lips ghosted over each others but a voice stopped her from making that decision. "Neteyam! Elyä! Where are you?" Tsireya yelled looking for the duo.