chapter ten

My eyes snap open to the crispy smell of bacon, and I wake up confused because Alejandro wasn't much of a cook...only on special occasions....

Our anniversary.

I hadn't forgotten but I am so tired and exhausted I can't even remember anything at this point. I sit up and wipe my eyes to check my phone to see it's ten in the morning. It's later than normal but I don't mind, I got more sleep which is better.

Grabbing my phone I grab my calendar to check to see i have set a reminder for our anniversary, and also put a dinner reservation with a number next to it. I had forgotten about that.

Calling the number I'm careful to keep my voice down as I set a reservation for tonight around 9 pm, at this fancy restaurant which was twenty minutes away. Now all I need to do is get him there without him knowing...seems easy enough.

I head downstairs and see Alejandro cooking, hips swaying as he moves effortlessly in the kitchen, humming a tune. Watching him I sit against the couch and watch him from over it, admiring him from afar. He did have the moves and it was exotic and adorable to watch.

He turns around to see me and smiles warmly, winking as he catches my eye.

"Look at you go" I smile and he shrugs, turning around to flip a perfectly cooked pancake on the other side.

"It is a special occasion" he nods and I blink as if confused, putting on a whole act.

"I don't know what but I like this" I smile and he rolls his eyes as if annoyed with me.

"That act won't work you do it every year baby. Come on".

I sigh and stand up, heading into the kitchen and grabbing bacon off the plate.

"Worth a try" I smile and he kisses my forehead.

"Now go sit I'll be the cook for today" he smiles and I nod, eyeing him slowly.

"I love a man in a apron" I smirk and he shakes his head, blushing slightly.

"I'm trying to cook....but I see what your doing" he smiles and I shrug, sitting at the table.

"So?...you guys have been together for four and a half years so...you should do something special!" Carol spoke into the phone into my ear as I scanned the clothes one by one.

"Okay...but what?" I turn my camera around to show her everything here and she whistles slowly, taken back by everything.

"Lingerie? Bold choice.....black?" She picks a one piece, with lace covering the chest and a tiny piece to barely cover up my bottom..it was so revealing....I love it.

"Do you think he will like it?".

Carol snorts.

"If he doesn't...his loss".

He had found out about the reservation earlier, I didn't know how but it didn't matter he was gonna find out eventually. It was in an hour but we had to leave really early. I had bought a silk thigh length dress, with tight straps to go in my shoulders. And underneath was the new bought lingerie from earlier. I had thrown on deep red lipstick and tied my hair into a slick bun. I did look definitely hot I just hoped he loved it.

We had gotten ready in separate rooms so that way when we see each other it will be a surprise for us both. Stepping out the bathroom he's already waiting downstairs and I see he looks...so fucking hot it takes me a second. He's wearing a really beautiful black tux with a red tie. His hair is slicked back and it shows his face features a lot more and it's so breathtaking. He's so breathtaking.

He sees me and he's taken back just like I am.

"Well...shit" he coughs and I smile nervously, feeling jittery as if this were our first date.

"You look stunning..." He speaks and I smile warmly.

"Thank you baby. You look stunning as well" I tell him and he nods but his eyes don't stop eyeing me.

I loop my arm through his arm and let him know we should leave before were late and he snaps out of it for a second so we can head out.

The restaurant was busier than I expected, tons of cars parked in every spot. We had managed to find a spot thank goodness I had only hoped to have our seats still reserved.

Stepping inside, the air is filled with a beautiful aroma and I don't mind it whatsoever, scents like this are what I love coming into when I walk into something.

We're met with a beautiful woman at the door, holding a clipboard in her hand.

"Hi we're here for our reservation" I smile and she smiles back warmly.

"Of course! What's the name?".

"Anna carsow and Alejandro Gonzales".

She checks the clipboard and within seconds looks up and smiles at us.

"Got you. Now if you'll follow me this way" she speaks and we both follow her, last dozens of couples dressed fancier than us. I didn't mind it though, that just meant we were gonna stand out.

She leads us towards a table near the window, next to another couple but not as close thank goodness.

"I'll be back with the menus" she smiles and leaves us to it.

Looking up at Alejandro I notice he didn't say anything he's typing on his phone, completely unfocused. He had never been on his phone during our dates...ever.

"Hey...you okay?" I ask him and he looks up, smiles and goes back to his phone, typing furiously.

I nod and take a deep breath, remembering this is Alejandro. My Alejandro.

"So...what do you think?" I ask him, hoping to start a conversation. It doesn't work though, whatever he's doing has gotten his attention completely.

I could feel myself becoming awkward, stupid really. All of this work to feel like I was just a babysitter making sure he didn't do anything dumb...

"Oh...sorry baby....um...theres a work emergency...they need me at work right now".

I blink in confusion.

"Now? It's our anniversary...your joking right?...that's a funny joke" I laugh only to see him laughing awkwardly.....he's actually serious.

"I'm sorry baby...it's...one of the coworkers needs help and I know it's our anniversary-"

"Do you?? Alejandro this is important! You've never left during a date....is something wrong?".

He simply nodded, didn't answer a single question before smiling.

I nod, feeling an anger boil in my blood... But I calm myself before smiling warmly. This was Alejandro, I know he values his work. And we could always continue this later so..it's okay...

"...okay well....I'll see you at home I guess".

He nods and leans over to kiss my cheek before leaving me completely alone, shocked and more confused than ever.

The waiter comes to my table and I look up to see her smiling warmly.

"Would you like a menu?".

I stand up and shake my head, feeling a calmness come over me instead of anger.

"Thank you but I'm just gonna...head home".

But I wasn't going home, I was on my way somewhere else.