Hundred-Twenty-Eight

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Turn the pain into power

"Turn the pain into power."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Rhysand

Rhysand

    RHYSAND COULD not breathe. His world had caved in on itself, leaving rubble behind as he tried and tried to piece himself back together bit by bit. He could not think. He could not feel. Everything inside of him was being ripped and torn into shreds. Shattered like glass and stepped on over and over until nothing but a murky white power could be found. So irrevocably broken, it could not be fixed.

His skin, his body, his mind, there would be nothing left of his tattered self after this. Not as he watched her head submerge into the icy depths of the Cauldron. Watched as her silken white hair disappeared within it.

Someone had reached a hand into his chest, and torn his bloody heart from it.

    And then everything stopped as the last bubble sputtered out at the top. The last fraction of her breath draining away.

    Rhys collapsed onto his hands and knees. Tears streaming down his face as an all consuming silence raced around the room, stealing words from all those who tried to speak as though they could not form them at all.

    Seconds passed. Nothing. And as every second, every never ending moment passed and began anew, Rhysand felt himself slipping. Falling into a void so deep and dark he didn't think he'd ever crawl out.

    Infinite moments. An eternity, it felt like, Rhys kneeled on that ground. Never once looking away from the Cauldron. Never once taking his eyes off it in the hopes that his mate—his wife, his everything would emerge. But she did not.

    Second after second and suddenly the all consuming silence fell away. Sliced with the cruel blade of the King of Hybern's voice, "A shame." The King drawled on his throne, "I was hoping there would be at least some semblance of entertainment." a disappointed sigh left his lips.