Hundred-Four

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"And i'd I choose the darkness instead?"

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

          IF I wanted to escape I would either have to go through them, or face the chilling water of the stream

          IF I wanted to escape I would either have to go through them, or face the chilling water of the stream. The former option would have been greatly appealing, had it not been for the male that stood center of the sentries.

His red hair was tied back, and there wasn't a hint of finery on him: just armored leather, swords, knives...His metal eye roamed over me, his golden skin pale. "We've been hunting for you and Feyre for over two months," he breathed, now scanning the woods, the stream, the sky.

Rhys was too far back. Good.

Hunting. Hunting for her and I as though we were prey.

I arched a brow at the emissary, pulling my shoulders back as I clasped my hands behind me. "And how exactly is that my problem, Lucy?" I asked, sliding a throwing knife from my sleeve, feeling the cool metal greet my palm like an old friend. I had been right to bring it, then.

He did not answer. His eyes still scanning our surroundings. Waiting. A fool, to have his eyes away when the threat was right in front of him.

"How did you find me." not a question. A command as I raised my chin high, voice no more than a void.

If Tamlin was here...my blood went icier than the freezing rain now sluicing down my face, into my clothes.

"Someone tipped us off you'd been out here, but it was luck that we caught your scent in the wind, and—" Lucien took a step forward.

Everything in me reeled to step back. Reeled to get away from him. But I would not yield, instead I settled him with a warning look. One that conveyed every threat racing through my mind.

Lucien's eye widened slightly. "We need to get out of here. Tamlins been—he hasn't been himself. We'll get Feyre. I'll take you right to—"

"You take me anywhere near him, Lucien, and I will tear out your other eye myself." I breathed, and though I masked it, panic sliced through my veins at the thought.