Hundred-Nineteen

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"I met you for a reason

"I met you for a reason."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

            SPRING HAD at last dawned on the Mortal Lands, crocuses and daffodils poking their heads out of the thawed earth

            SPRING HAD at last dawned on the Mortal Lands, crocuses and daffodils poking their heads out of the thawed earth. Bright, vibrant colors blooming across the greenery around us.

Only the eldest and golden-haired queens came this time.

They were escorted by just as many guards, however.

My dress was of a similar fashion to the last, a dress that looked as though it was draped around me. Crossing against my chest and concealing much of my chest, but much of my torso and back remained bare. Flowing along my back, two scraps of sheer fabric flowed along my back. Except, this dress was made of pure, midnight black, accented with flecks of silver. And a shining crown lay atop head.

Once again Rhysand stood beside me as the queens and their sentries winnowed into the chateau.

But now Rhys and I stood close. My hands clasped in front of me as I stood straight backed. Nothing but ice lay on my features. A carefully impassive mask of chilled void. And Rhys by my side, the ever bored High Lord, and yet he looked ready to cut through them at any second. Unflinching, we were a song without end or beginning.

The eldest queen slid her cunning eyes over us, our proximity, our crowns, and merely sat without our bidding, adjusting the skirts of her emerald gown around her. The golden queen remained standing for a moment longer, her shining, curly head angling slightly. Her red lips twitched upward as she claimed the seat beside her companion.

Again my heart clenched painfully at the sight of the golden queen. Her resemblance. I pushed it away.

Rhys did not so much as lower his head to them as he said, "We appreciate your taking the time to see us again."