Hundred-Twenty-Two

(Bros this is exactly how I imagine Dani)

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"It was always you

"It was always you."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

          "VELARIS IS secure

    "VELARIS IS secure." Rhys said in the black hours of the night. "The wards the Cauldron took out have been remade.

    We had not stopped to rest until now. For hours we'd worked, along with the rest of the city, to heal, to patch up, to hunt down answers anyway we could. And now, again we were all gathered, the clock chiming thee in the morning.

    I didn't know how Rhys was standing as he leaned against the mantel in the sitting room. I was near-limp on one of the lounge chairs, having to catch my head every five minutes as I nearly succumbed to sleep entirely. Coated in dirt and blood and grime, just like the rest of them, we all looked like sorry messes.

    Sprawled in an arm chair built for Illyrian wings, Cassian's face was battered and healing slowly enough that I knew he'd drained his power during those long minutes when he'd defended the city with his red siphons. But his hazel eyes still glowed with the embers of rage.

    Amren was hardly better off. The tiny female's gray clothes hung mostly in strips, her skin beneath pale as snow. Half-asleep on the couch across from me, she leaned against Azriel, who kept casting alarmed glances at her, even as his own wounds leaked a bit. Atop his scarred hands, Azriel's blue siphons were dull. Muted. Utterly empty.

    My own wounds still bled, and I'd have to tend to them soon. A soldier had gotten a good, long slash just near my ribs—thankfully just a graze, and not deep enough to need stitches. Another cut lay on my upper-arm where one had nicked me—that one was a bit deeper.

    But I was sure both would heal in a matter of time. Likely would have healed already had the soldiers not have been using that magic, nullifying stone.