Hundred-Eight

─── · 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"Burn it all

"Burn it all."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

         I AWOKE  warm and rested and calm

I AWOKE  warm and rested and calm. Rising to the sweet feeling of a warm finger brushing against my back. Sliding down carefully placed lines. Gliding in a gentle touch; a caress. My shirt had been moved up to the top of my body, revealing my spin and the full extent of my torso. The cool air nipped at my skin in a way that sent shivers down my body. A stark contrast to the warmth of Rhys's skin as his fingers ran down my back in slow, languid movements.

And then his hand found purchase in another spot just next to my spine, finding another place on my back to trace. Another line to sketch.

    My eyes snapped open and I tensed. My entire body freezing as I realized what he was tracing. What I had so carefully hidden all these months and yet he was somehow tracing those defining memories marked on my skin.

    I didn't dare move. Not an inch. Though I knew he realized I was awake. Could probably sense it the moment consciousness returned to my mind.

"Who did this to you?" Rhys whispered, finally looking the three scars that marred my back. For the first time finally seeking the slopes of my past. The scars I was by no means ashamed of and yet I felt so...raw with them revealed.

I hadn't even realized my glamour had dropped. How was I meant to explain this?

I didn't answer for a long moment. Piecing together my answer carefully as though it was a large puzzle. "I once told you my childhood was much like yours in the aspect we were punished when we did something they perceived wrong." I replied slowly, my voice still gravelly with sleep. I choked, a sick burning feeling in my throat.

"They used to use magic to heal us," I inhaled a sharp breath, "but that time they had cut too deep and bled so profusely that even the Fae healers couldn't fix them."