Chapter Thirty-Seven: Ivylands

Taylor's Point of View

Once breakfast was finished I went and did my hair and makeup while the guys picked up the dishes. I did a simple makeup look and put my hair up in a half-up warrior braid hairstyle. I finished curling the ends of my hair before going on the search for the men knowing I took longer than intended. They were all waiting by the front door but I had to stop for a second to take them all in.

Declan wore black jeans, a black t-shirt, an army green bomber jacket, and all-black sneakers. His face read as relaxed but I could see he had so many things running through his mind as he tried to figure out all of our next steps.

Chris looked genuinely relaxed as he leaned against the wall and scrolled on his phone. He had on black jeans, a white hoodie, and a fleece-lined jean jacket. His white shoes looked like this was the first time they had ever been out of his closet. Honestly, knowing him it very well could have been.

Out of all of them, I could tell it was Matty who was the most stressed out. He wasn't hiding it from me like he normally did and I think it was because he wanted me to know that what we were about to do affected him too. Unlike the other two, he had on dark blue jeans with holes ripped in both of his knees. His black t-shirt fit more snugly against his muscular chest and he held a brown leather jacket tightly down at his side. He was also on his phone but I could tell that whatever he was doing was more for business than it was for pleasure, just based on how tight he clenched his jaw.

All three of them looked up at me as my heels clicked against the floor, "Are you guys ready?" I asked, pushing a strand of hair off my shoulder.

I wasn't sure if going with heeled knee-length boots was a good idea but they made me feel like a badass so I kept them.

"Absolutely." Matty smiled, sliding his phone into his back pocket.

When I walked past Declan he smacked my ass and it made me smile. I liked knowing that it was hard for them to keep their hands off of me. They affected me in the same ways I affected them. Chris slid a protective hand at my lower back and walked me to the elevator. My guys would never fight each other over me but I liked when they tried to outdo each other with their possessiveness.

As the elevator doors closed I looked up at Chris, "There's something Matty and I have decided we all need to talk about."

Matty's fingers wrapped around my hand, "Not yet. Wait until we're in the car."

I looked up at him wondering what his issue was. Why did we have to wait until we were in the car? We have talked about plenty of things while taking this elevator, why all of a sudden did we care what was said?

Once at the SUV, Chris opened the back door for me and I climbed in. Matty started the engine and looked back giving me a nod of approval to say what I wanted.

I sighed a little, hating that his permitting me to speak made me feel like a child, "First I want to know, why do I always have to sit in the back? Why am I never allowed to sit up front or even drive?"

Chris squeezed my leg, "Taking care of you means we get to drive you around."

"Not to mention," Declan spoke from the passenger seat, "The safest place for you to be is in the backseat. Especially with one of us back there to protect you."

I rolled my eyes, of course, everything they did was to keep me safe. I was a little nervous to bring up Matty and my's conversation from earlier so I just blurted it out and hoped for the best, "Matty asked me what I thought about marrying him and I wanted to talk to you guys about it."

The silence in the vehicle was the loudest thing I had heard in a very long time. The screech of the gate opening was deafening and Matty turning out into the flow of traffic would have been blinding if it wasn't for the tint on all the windows.