Chapter Sixteen: Salvation

Chris' Point of View

Fuck!

I had no problems with Tot going to Lapis but after what she told us earlier this week we were all on edge a little bit. The second Declan signed on to start handling business at Lapis instead of Matt, he amped up security inside the building. He brought back one of the best guys to work the door and even hired an ex-green beret to go wherever he needed him to within the building.

I picked my phone back up off my desk checking to make sure I didn't break it. I had slammed it pretty hard after I hung up with Taylor. "Matt, get Declan and get to my office. We have a potential problem." My jaw was clenched so hard I was surprised it didn't break.

The guys were in my office seconds later since their offices were only down the hall. Now that we were all together again I made room for them on my floor since we still had lots of business to do.

"What's wrong with her?" Matt asked, crossing his ankle over his knee.

I deadpanned, "Your sister took her Lapis. I just got off the phone with her, they're already there."

Matt didn't even have time to respond before Declan got on his phone. "Corey. Yeah, she's there. No you don't have to stay on top of her, just keep her in sight. Call me if anything happens or if she has more than three drinks." He let out a long sigh before looking at us again, "Corey's on it, he'll call if there's an issue."

I nodded, opening my mouth until Matt cut me off, "So you want us to just sit here? Fuck that, I can sit in my office at the club." He stood up and took long strides to the door.

"I didn't say that dickhead. I am going to go change first, then head over there." Declan looked at me and I nodded in agreement. "Besides, I'm pretty sure it's our office now."

We all had a change of clothes in our offices so it didn't take long for me to go from a suit to jeans, t-shirt, and a leather jacket. I met the guys in the parking garage and we drove to the club. Parking in the back and going through the employee entrance we made it to the office without being seen by any of the customers.

The office wasn't much different than the rest of the club but there were more lights. It looked like a small studio apartment more than it did an office. There was a small self serve bar, a pool table, a kitchenette, and a large sectional couch. However, instead of sitting in front of a tv you sat in front of a wall full of screens that showed all the camera views of the club. I walked to the bar to make a drink while Matt and Declan stared at the screens.

Matt pressed his phone to his ear, pausing occasionally to hear a response, "Where are they? Of course I want a fucking camera on them, how else am I going to see them? Don't be a dumbass Frank, I like you too much to have to kill you. Leave Corey where he's at, he's got his orders. Pay attention to the rest of the club Frank, pretend we aren't here. Got it? Good."

I placed a Negroni in each of the guys hands before sitting down with my own. Matt had gotten the head of security to find the girls in the crowd and keep a camera on them. I grabbed the keyboard off the coffee table and typed in a few things to make our view of her an entire screen and pulled the angle that gave us the best view of their private booth. The guys both let out a sigh and sat down.

Watching the two of them dance I couldn't help but smile. Tot finally looked relaxed like she was actually enjoying the music. Her outfit though had me hard, I had never seen her in anything so revealing and I wanted nothing more than to strip her with my teeth. Judging by the way the guys kept adjusting themselves, they were affected by her too.

I happened to glance to a different screen that had started to zoom in on someone just as Matt's phone rang.

Fuck, why did it have to be him?